• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GETT ECU Trailer need repair personnel in Lexington NC, can anybody help?

evil deuce

The generator won’t start this morning, it started up as usual normal and when I hit the switch for the ECU it died, it turns over but won’t start, I spoke to a diesel mechanic and he said I could bypass the fuel cutoff switch with 12 volt jumpers and this does work to run it but my fault light is lit up. It has a Perkins motor, Hanco generator 20KW and a 10 Ton AC unit. I have had multiple issues since acquiring it 6 weeks ago. It has been working for the last 3 weeks though until this morning. I just need to know if anyone can help locally or knows where I can get help to fix it, no one seems to know anything about it or can help.... I purchased this to cool our 3500 square foot manufacturing facility so that we can work comfortably and not be too hot, then to also be able to use it at a later time for backup ac and generator for my home, but, Now it’s hot and not running..... Thanks for your time.

Attachments

Chainbreaker

Probably not going to get many responses here due to limited familiarity/distribution with this unit in these forums.

I would start by calling or emailing the contact info listed on the Mfg's placard to see what they suggest. You should also try to purchase the Technical Service Manuals for this generator.

Chainbreaker

The Operation and Maintenance manuals are located here. You want the TM-52480-23 one.

On the last pages of the TM it has some very nice color coded schematics (5 pages) that you should try to get printed out full size in color. They really help to have on hand to troubleshoot with.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks