• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL auctions?

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there anyway to tell where upcoming GL auctions are going to be? To be more specific, I am close to Indy, they had several trucks up for auction late this summer but I missed them. I have been waiting for them to list more trucks but they only have one or two here and there and they haven't been in the best shape. Will Indy have more?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL no longer has the contract to sell trucks. What they have now is what was left over.

GovPlanet.com now has the contract.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I believe Indy is a Truckcenter location which is GL private property. I'm sure there are mil units in the vicinity though so something has to come along eventually. And you are not to far from Wisconson and Michigan you can look there too.

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL no longer has the contract to sell trucks. What they have now is what was left over.

GovPlanet.com now has the contract.
Yes, I have been watching GP just to get an idea of what the trucks are going to sell for on there. They don't have any close sites to me either.

And you are not to far from Wisconson and Michigan you can look there too.
I haven't noticed many trucks from MI but WI seems to have some pretty decent looking trucks. Bad thing about those sites are they are too far for me to visually look at the trucks and I can't make myself bid on one I haven't looked at. Shipping or driving from one of those locations is another thing. WI is around 400 miles from me. That is a long way to drive a truck that you know nothing about its road worthiness or have any experience driving anyway. I would prefer to log some seat time around the county roads at home, not on a packed interstate.

So far, I have not found a local trucking co that doesn't need a dock to load the truck on the trailer.