• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL bid bump time change

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I was bidding tonite the close time was only getting bumped up 5 min instead of the usual 15 min. Something to watch if your not paying attention a listing could end before you realize it.

FloridaAKM

Wouldn't the 15 minute rule help them gather more bids, shortening the time only cuts out the bidders who aren't sitting @ a computer in the last minutes of the live auction!

gottaluvit

With no sarcasm on my part whatsoever, can someone please explain the benefit in bidding at the last minute (especially with auctions such as GL & GP and Gunbroker, where the end time gets altered with last minute bids), vs. just bidding what you are willing to pay for an item. I mean, the auction sites (even ebay) auto bid for you. I am seriously confused in the methodology in this. My family and friends look at me like I am crazy when I ask this, but they never can give me a concise answer. Maybe you professional bidders can beat the answer in my hard head! I just bid the max on something that I am willing to pay for it. What am I missing?

Monkeyboyarmy

Got me too. I had my bid in at 1/4 till. Someone bumped it at 5 till and it closed at 5. Didn't get a chance to bid again. Maybe I'll just give up.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I usually bid on 20 or so lots I will place a low bid on all and see how it goes. If theres something I really want I will go back and re-evaluate. Sometimes I want something but not all say 6 lots worth listed. If I high bid them all I would just end up driving the bid prices way up.

With no sarcasm on my part whatsoever, can someone please explain the benefit in bidding at the last minute (especially with auctions such as GL & GP and Gunbroker, where the end time gets altered with last minute bids), vs. just bidding what you are willing to pay for an item. I mean, the auction sites (even ebay) auto bid for you. I am seriously confused in the methodology in this. My family and friends look at me like I am crazy when I ask this, but they never can give me a concise answer. Maybe you professional bidders can beat the answer in my hard head! I just bid the max on something that I am willing to pay for it. What am I missing?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks