• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL e-mail on Tax Collect.

Amxhunter

GL improperly collected too much sales tax on my purchase. I called the attention to it and got a message back that I would get a refund.

Today I get this message.

Dear Customer:

Regarding your taxes for sale 3524 in the amount of $56.48, GL will offer a ONE TIME courtesy refund of your taxes for this sale. Please note however this is a ONE-TIME courtesy and will not be given for any future sale, under any circumstances.

***NOTE: the credit to your card should be verifiable within approximately 10 business days although it may be sooner. For refund sent via check (accounts paid via certified funds) please allow 15 business days for check refunds to be sent. Checks are mailed on Monday of each week. Also all refunds that were originally paid via credit card that are older than 11 months will be returned by GL company check.

Please note the Terms and Conditions listed on our website regarding taxes:

SALES, USE OR EXCISE TAXES:

63. We are obligated to collect sales, use or excise tax from ALL buyers. It is your responsibility to provide the required documentation when submitting a bid to claim an exemption. You must submit re-sale or tax-exemption documentation from the state in which you are doing business as well as EACH STATE WHERE YOU ARE PURCHASING PROPERTY. We are not obligated to refund sales tax due to late submission of sales tax exemption documentation. Submission of all appropriate tax exemption forms must be received by us before 5:00 p.m. ET on the date the sales event in which you are participating closes. Re-sale certificates may be faxed to us at (480) 367-1450. You will be liable for all taxes, surcharges or other charges imposed on the sale of goods by any taxing authority if tax forms are not received by the scheduled closing time of the sales event in which you are participating. Requests for refunds of sales taxes must be submitted to the appropriate taxing authority directly.

**Note: All property sold in the state of Hawaii is subject to an excise tax. There are no exemptions to the Hawaii excise tax.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Management

Government Liquidation, LLC

15051 N. Kierland Blvd 3rd Floor

Scottsdale, AZ 85254

This is a Wierd Operation. :cookoo:

mbwarner

Yeah, I got the same thing. Their policy is that you have to file a tax exemption BEFORE the auction ends, or it's too late. I b-tched anyway, and supposedly got a refund, with the same form letter as yours.

Amxhunter

Well , mine's a little different.

They charged 5.5% sales tax, when they should have only charged 3%.

Has nothing to do with exemptions or their stupid policy. They have to follow the law just like us and if they collected too much tax, we are due a refund.

None of this Hogwash about a "One Time Only"

I'll wait till my refund clears then get on their case :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks