• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Fort Riley Kansas....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I need input from anyone who has picked up a truck there. I called and was told over the phone Tues-Thurs loadout/pickup only.....great, just like Barstow....
Any other info you can pass along is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: GL Fort Riley Kansas....

Westech said:
talk to Maccus he just picked one up there.... and FMJ.. I have been on detail and not had a chance to go look.
Thanks Westy, probably got about 3-4 weeks to get it looked at.

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: GL Fort Riley Kansas....

Ed,
My friend is going out Thursday. He said he would check it out if he has the opportunity and is accessible.
Also I noticed the left front tire appears to be badly cupped. Could be the tire, could be a front end problem?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
maccus said:
Yes I did pick up a M109 there on the 24th of Sep.. What do you need to know? What kind of truck are you picking up. If it is a M109 the head GL guy said that the M109s in lot H have been sitting there for 5 years so plan for some interesting challenges. Mine looked like it had been sitting for at least 5 years or close to it. Mine is a good truck but it was not a drive it home recovery for a person new to the deuce trucks.
Well, I'm not new to it... ;) but if I know what to bring short of another M35 it would really help!

Here's a link to the photo's of the truck:

http://web.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=3648&lotNumber=6409&picNumber=1

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: Re: RE: GL Fort Riley Kansas....

desertfox said:
Ed,
My friend is going out Thursday. He said he would check it out if he has the opportunity and is accessible.
Also I noticed the left front tire appears to be badly cupped. Could be the tire, could be a front end problem?
Most likely the toe is not adjusted properly. Gary, if he can take a look at it I'd really appreciate it.

Ed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks