• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL offering financing but looks a bit fishy

springbok

I got an email from GL that they now offer financing through Kabbage. Wow, sounds like a good idea.
Figured I would take a look through it as I like to see..
One of the last steps is them asking you to provide your online login information to your bank.
Are they out of their minds? ? ?
Idiots.. There is no way anyone should ever give online access to your bank account to ANYONE !!!!!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm, sounds like perhaps you were sent a phishing email and the website you hit is a fake one.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sadly that isn't the case, people give out that information all the time. Soon to be broke people but they still do it.

springbok

Kabbage is a pretty well developed website. I did some looking around. They do have a 1-888 number but do not have the time to call it.
Just wanted to make more people aware of it, see how many others are getting the same email..

MtnSnow

I don't find any info on GovLiquidation's website about financing so are you sure that the email is actually from GovLiq? Me thinks it was phishing...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm I see it now, you're right it's legit. But this is for businesses really. They "say" they don't store your login info. But I understand the reasoning for it. Since businesses creditworthyness is based on payments and trends. That's about the only way they could get it. Unless maybe you gave them a bank statement. That said, it doesn't sit well with me.

Also, if you're buying toys on credit, that's also not a good idea.... Just sayin'.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I read some of the reviews and it sounds as though you do have to give Kabbage your login credentials to your bank. When they say this should be your last resort they aren't kidding.

Et tu, GL? Et tu?

No but the one time I complained to the BBB locally the company resolved the problem with me.
Sometimes a company really cares about their image, they will want to keep customers happy. But a un-named steel building manufacture has scammed people, and the BBB just allowes bad reviews. The hard part is that you have to take a company to court to get anything done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks