• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL recovery

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great pics! You guys made it look easy.

mtroxler

Will:
About three years ago, I picked up the most beat up deuce on the face of the planet from DRMO Barstow. It didn't have a roof or windshield. It had seen some rough use! I drove it to Richmond, Ca., about 450 miles, with no problems at all. (Then I started fixing it up) If an M35 can't make it to someplace, then nothing with wheels can!!

Mark

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a good recovery there. Glad you made it back safely. Thanks for sharing the pics, that deuce didn't look in that bad a shape!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, didn't loose the mushroom, it didn't have a clamp. Noticed it at the fuel stop, so we took it off. There are ALOT of Fort Irwin practice trucks there. They are beat! We looked at 10 - 12 trucks when we inspected this one, All were very rough except for the USAF M35A2Cs that were there. Very low mileage, a little rust, but nice trucks. I didn't see them today, I think they were gobbled up by another gov. entity. We kept going back to this one. There is some body damage, but the running gear looks perfect. Recent rebuild at Utah, rust proofing, suond proofing, fresh CARC, tires..except for the left front..95% with no cracking, troop seats. His, hole's, truck, runs real good. I was flat out with a head wind comming back, 42 mph@ 2000 RPM in 5th. He was slowly pulling away. But, I have a cover on the back and crossed the scales at 14.800 with all the junk in the truck before we went to Walkers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks