• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL sell in lots

JeepMan

I'm really suprised that GL does'nt bundle stuff togather and sell in lots like the DMRO did. Look at all the work in "onse's and twos'es". I mean for example, there's a bunch of ammo trailers being offered. Bundle them up in a lot and sell them and make room for more good stuff. How many people can use an ammo trailer? Yes, they're heavy duty for sure but the actual carring area is small compared to other trailers.
Even trucks, sell 2-4-6 at a time. I mean how many driveways can have dueces in them ??!!

Chief_919

Smaller lots means you sell to the end user and not just resellers.

That means more bidders.

More bidders= higher prices.

As a dealer, sure I would love to see stuff start going in bigger lots, but I understand why GL does the exact opposite.

TyJustice

I agree with you that GL seems to be managed inefficiently at times. They most know somebody, who knows somebody, to hold on to their contact with the military.

I’m sure there are numerous guys on this site that could do a better job running that company.

If Steel Soldiers ever decided to do “a hostel” take over of GL…:-D I would be your first investor.:mrgreen:

kurtkds

I was talking to a GL employee a while back. He had tried to lot some equipment that was on pallets in to lots of 12 pallets. The auction was in the preview stages when somebody higher up called him up and told him to pull the sale and redo them as lots of 6 pallets.

Gotta make more money.

He was doing it to try to make room.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
GL math......10 items in 1 lot @ $150.00 min bid = $150.00+Selling price+10% buyers premium+tax times 1.

10 items in 10 lots @ $150.00 min bid = $150.00+ Selling price+10% buyers premium+ tax times 10.

No brainer for GL bean counters.

I remember the lot sales at DRMO....it was hard to compete with the big guys that could afford to buy 30 deuces at a time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks