• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL woes on an auction from Groveport

FloridaAKM

It seems I have a problem with my latest auction from GL out of Groveport. The auction was for new Marine ILCE main packs with belts & nothing else; when mine arrived here in Florida, there were no belts, just packs. I called GL @ Groveport & they said to open all the boxes to see if they might be in any of the boxes. All of the boxes are factory sealed, so nothing could have been removed while in storage. They also want pictures of the opened boxes before I can file a claim. There have been auctions where it stated there were no belts involved on the same main pack, but I would not bid on them. Have any of you guys run into this problem with GL on this?

Yes, the NSN numbers are the correct ones on the auction & on the unopened cartons.

FloridaAKM

102 Views & no comments, guess no one has had this problem then. I filed a missing items claim with GL & we will see where they go with this, they may tell me to go pound sand. Another odd deal was that the first GL rep told me to open all boxes & take picts, whereas the claim form stated not to use any of the items or throw away any of the packaging. I'll post back with the resolution after GL reviews the paperwork & issues!

cbear

Many are probably like me, and pick up themselves. When you pick up, you inspect, then sign that you received your complete order. I assume your shipper signed the same form. After that, you are stuck with what you got. I have never used a shipper, so the process may be different.

glassk

I have made out better by finding lots described wrong and pictures showed different, not to say that I don't have a lot of junk in my sheds from GL,...

gem1410

GL Blows--I had batteries and fuel stolen from 10 trucks I purchased in New Castle a few years ago--After the first 2 trucks showed up at my place I called GL to tell them the batteries and fuel were missing and they told me my trucker stole it--I went over to the GL lot the next day to find the other 8 trucks were in the same shape--I did view the trucks 2 weeks earlier and the trucks started on their own----I called the Man---Delaware State Police to press criminal charges--Turned out the lot manager had a second job selling diesel fuel and batteries-------Later that day GL asked me how much money they should send me to correct the situation----GL were a bunch of bums right up until the Man showed up----Call the local police at the site location a make a formal criminal complaint--Theft by Deception--

FloridaAKM

In my case, I had a shipper pickup & ship the pallet to me. It was not previewed by me except for the pictures. He removed nothing but the pallet & did a great job of shipping everything. One of the six boxes was opened in the auction pictures & when I opened the second box, it matched the first for contents, just no belts. The many auctions for these lots of backpacks has half with belts & half without belts. I bid on the with belts only lots because finding belts is like looking for a left handed monkey wrench or a skyhook. Yes, they are now sitting in the back of a 40' shipping container along with myriads of other GL stuff.

FloridaAKM

When I pickup local, they want a signature before inspecting, which I reply that after inspecting, you get a signature. Groveport was picked up by a trusted person & shipped as is. I got an email today from GL stating all the rules & regulations of bidding, paying & pickup relating to ownership of the lot. They stated that your shipper should have inspected the lot & refused it if missing anything, but as a courtesy...........they are agreeing to what I asked as a settlement for the lot. I am happy with the agreement & will leave it @ that. There are good reports from GL claims, as this is & there are multitudes of bad by others. I consider this case closed. Mods, you can lock this thread or leave it open for future.