• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow Plug Grounding Issue

Squibbly

Could the Fuse Blowing have been from anything else, besides that Switch going bad? Could I have blown it any other way while testing the New Relay, Glow Plug Card Holder Box, etc.?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkn
That fuse controls:
The seat belt buzzer, dash lights for the temperature, low coolant, brake and water-in-fuel. This fuse also supply's power to the GP controller via circuit 39G (diagram E-7). If any of those are shorted or have bad connections it can blow a fuse, so you've got to hit the TMs, find those circuits, and trace the wires to their endpoints to make sure they are all good.

jplace1011

That fuse controls:
The seat belt buzzer, dash lights for the temperature, low coolant, brake and water-in-fuel. This fuse also supply's power to the GP controller via circuit 39G (diagram E-7). If any of those are shorted or have bad connections it can blow a fuse, so you've got to hit the TMs, find those circuits, and trace the wires to their endpoints to make sure they are all good.
Hey Squibbly! That all sounds great. Thank you for the TM and Diagram reference. I’ll check this all out.

Your buddy Johnny suggested I do the same. While I’m at it I’m going to trace the wires for the LC lights that stopped working months back.

I’ll report back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jplace1011

Hey Squibbly! That all sounds great. Thank you for the TM and Diagram reference. I’ll check this all out.

Your buddy Johnny suggested I do the same. While I’m at it I’m going to trace the wires for the LC lights that stopped working months back.

I’ll report back!

I Found 39G (Pink/Black Wire), but I have a stupid question. One end of that wire goes to the Fuse Box. What does the other end go to, what are those 2 small square boxes I circled in Red?

jplace1011

I Found 39G (Pink/Black Wire), but I have a stupid question. One end of that wire goes to the Fuse Box. What does the other end go to, what are those 2 small square boxes I circled in Red?

Is it possibly running to a 6 Pin Connector?

jplace1011

That fuse controls:
I’m regards to that fuse that blew, I traced the 2 wires that run from the Top of the Fuel Filter. I’m assuming those are for the Water in Fuel Sensor. Look at what I found. The White Wire has a section missing Insulation and there is Bare Wire! It was wrapped in Electrical Tape.
I’m no mechanic, but that can’t be good! Maybe this is the case of the Fuse Blowing? I’m going to Cut the Wire and Crimp the 2 Ends back together.

jplace1011

Be careful about shortening it. I've often regretted that. Better to splice in a new section.
*Update*

It was indeed the Glow Plug Card. I exchanged it: once I installed the New one I immediately could see the ground bulb light up. No problems ever since!!

A Huge thanks to @Rocknus (Johnny) &
@Squibbly. I’d be lost without the input.

Thank You all! Thank You!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks