• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

glow plug light

choll

I just got my 1009 started for the first time since picking it up at Barstow 3 weeks ago. Replace the relay and it started up. The problem I am having now is the glow plug light comes on when I turn the key as it should goes out and the truck starts right up. After a few mins. the light comes back on and stays on. Anyone have any ideas.

Chuck

CCATLETT1984

your glow plug controller is shot, you need to pull it before you burn up your glow plugs.
you can get a new card from a few places. ebay sometimes has them, and i think that a few surplus dealers carry them.

choll

You come to the rescue again. I will have a full truck of spare parts on friday. I bought a 1008 minus the transmission and axles. The parts vehicle has 42000 miles on it and ran perfect. Where is the glow plug controller locater and what does it look like?
Chuck

CCATLETT1984

the controller is in a plastic box roughly 4"x6"x1" under the dash near the steering column. Its got about 10 wires going into one side of it. the cover comes off and you pull the card out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks