• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug relay questions

AJMBLAZER

Well, I'm swapping this over right now and just wanted to say that there are two main issues with using the NAPA Ford 109 relay, both of which are perfectly fixable.

1. The brackets on the stock relay are of a "north and south" orientation with one on the top and one on the bottom. The 109 has them in a sort of "north and west" orientation. All I did was put the north bracket in the stock hole and then drill a new hole below the stock lower hole to mount the west bracket with. I just couldn't turn it enough to use the stock lower hole without hitting the brake system stuff there to the right of it.

2. The 109's larger studs use different threads than the stock relay's larger studs do. You will have to go out and find new nuts because of this. Minor but it is something to take care of before you're kneeling on the radiator shroud, stretched across the engine cussing.
The two smaller stock studs use the same thread as the 109's smaller studs so their nuts can be reused on the 109.

CCATLETT1984, want this in the FAQ?

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, to 1. but didn't need to drill any holes. 2. took the original one with me, so . . . The Napa guy gave me the correct nuts for the 109. Quite a simple swap.

AJMBLAZER said:
Well, I'm swapping this over right now and just wanted to say that there are two main issues with using the NAPA Ford 109 relay, both of which are perfectly fixable.

1. The brackets on the stock relay are of a "north and south" orientation with one on the top and one on the bottom. The 109 has them in a sort of "north and west" orientation. All I did was put the north bracket in the stock hole and then drill a new hole below the stock lower hole to mount the west bracket with. I just couldn't turn it enough to use the stock lower hole without hitting the brake system stuff there to the right of it.

2. The 109's larger studs use different threads than the stock relay's larger studs do. You will have to go out and find new nuts because of this. Minor but it is something to take care of before you're kneeling on the radiator shroud, stretched across the engine cussing.
The two smaller stock studs use the same thread as the 109's smaller studs so their nuts can be reused on the 109.

CCATLETT1984

AJMBLAZER said:

Add it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks