• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow Plug Resistors smoking?? Help.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
4 daughters

All 4 daughters are great...but I do NEED this hobby to to help me maintain my manhood.

First daughter is now a freshman at Wake Forest in Winston Salem N.C. moved her in this past weekend.....:shock::cry:

David

Last edited:

1saint

The fusable link is fine.

From your latest description, the GP relay is staying engaged. May be bad or there is a problem with the small wires on the relay.

The pink one supplies 12v and the black is the ground.

Remove the ground (small black wire) and make a jumper wire to reconnect it. Use this wire to test is the GP Controller Ground circuit is bad or not.
Hey Joe
I need help wit mine also, It is doing what David described in his last paragraph just before he figured out what was wrong with his(except in my case, everything has worked the whole time I have owned the truck) but mine just all the sudden, just started with this problem this morning,( as long as the key is off, it's ok) but to temporarily remedy the problem, I unhooked the top wire(24v feed from terminal block on firewall) on the solenoid relay, and no problem with resistor getting hot or trying to smoke wires/resistor, could the problem be with the glow plug relay card? or the solenoid relay???

Keith_J

11 year old post resurrection?

The resistors will get hot if all is working correctly, they function as a voltage divider. Wire wound resistors are designed to have nearly constant value, glow plugs are typically positive temperature coefficient meaning resistance increases. This provides quicker warm up with less danger of burnout. Positive temperature coefficient is how incandescent light bulbs work to self regulate, something Edison stumbled on.

Does the Wait to Start light work?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks