• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GMC transfer case

Scrambler

Our GMC CCKW 'Split' has a problem with the transfer case. I can go to third gear, speed about 10 mp/h, transfercase-gear will jump out every ten feet or so. Somebody told me because of the torque bars are having play so the rear axles were coming foreward which had caused a bearing inside the transfer case broke... is this possible? I know I have to take it apart but right now it is still mounted so I still can move it.. Where other do I have to look for when taken apart? Another transfercase is hard to fing over here; I don't know of another. parts such as a bearing might be easyer...?
1943 CCKW 'Split" dump truck (in the Netherlands, Europe)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like the spring in the ball poppet in the shift rail may have broken. The story about the torque rod movement breaking the bearing is unlikely.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks