• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goin' rate for axles

hot rod deuce

Hey Fellas
this is my first venture to the 5 ton+ department but i think its been a long time coming.

Im looking for a pair of 5 ton fronts and one rear and was just wondering what the goin rate was for that lot? are they THAT much more that 2 1/2 toners? and any ideas on the weight?

Thanks

also any one in the motor market, i have a 350 and 400 HP 855 that should be the same as the 250 or 220 used in 5 ton trucks

DUUANE

YOU MIGHT GIVE JACK TOMLIN A CALL.(435) 882-0420
I WAS AT HIS PLACE..darn capslock...last fall and he had a 900 series rolling chassis,just the frame and axles,maybe the t-case too.

he and jean are nice folks.

hot rod deuce

SWEET MAN

I want the 900 series with air brakes!!! whats the differnce between 900 and 800? just air brakes? Are there optional lockers in some??!!! WHERES MY CHECK BOOK!!!! :hop:

700 for a new rears not that bad realy if they happend to have lockers and air brakes. I wish they had the 900 fronts with air brakes....ill ask...

DUUANE

oh now that i think of it,those mid to late 80's mack midliners had a crazy mastercylinder setup that had air over hyd front with full air to the rear.works really well,and would let you have less worries about proportioning,especially with tandem rears and still allow you to use the juice 809 fronts.with a full air foot valve.
just my [2cents] [2cents] :idea:

DUUANE

YEAH, THE MACK HAS IT ALL IN ONE UNIT.AIR OVER JUICE TO THE FRONTS,FULL AIR TO THE REAR....NO THINKING REQUIRED. :banghead: THE ONLY HITCH IS THE METRIC FITTINGS....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll bet you could get a 900 series front from John Winslow in NC. I don't have his contact info but he advertises in MV magazine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks