• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going to Colemans next week with joediveguy - need anything?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I KNOW they have one of them. I don't think I'll have the $$$ for that purchase, though. Plus, once I get it how are you to receive it? Might be easier for you to go yourself, pull the part and pay Colemans for it, you're in NJ so you're not too far from there.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, had a great time yesterday with joediveguy in the yard, and I met nickd there as well. Always great to spend time with other Steel Soldiers saving parts for our projects and other SS members.

Didn't take many pictures - to be honest this time of year the yard is overgrown with weeds and you can't see what is there beyond right in front of your face. The scrappers are still there in force, making small pieces of steel out of large ones. The piles don't get any smaller, though, since Coleman's always buys stuff to junk out. The temp was hot as ****, and we ran into some beehives that didn't like us too much, but no snakes and other bad things.

Here's the pictures that I took:

pic 1: Couple winches that I saw on a pallet, ready for install....

pic 2: Some cable reels. The cables are RF cables for antenna installations, but the reels are heavy duty and would be good for industrial hose reels too.

pic 3: How many SINCGARS radio mounts do you need? One part of the yard had them littered EVERYWHERE.

pic 4: the remains of a pioneer tool kit trailer body. This was once a solid good condition trailer until a dozer ran into it. Not a straight piece of metal on it. Sad....

pic 5: Our haul, my stuff on right and joe's stuff on left. He managed to snag a few CUCV parts, 3 fuel can mounts, and a pile of M101 trailer bow corners and small pieces to restore...

pic 6: got a bunch of these! Brand new M1008/M1009 CUCV antenna brushguards. I bought 20 of these to save for other guys, will be in the classifieds soon.

pic 7: few torque wrenches, they are small ones but they look in nice condition and were in the SCRAP piles!

pic 8: box of other things I saved - GRC-106 mount side brackets, couple of plastic cases for TA-1 field phones, original AB-243 antenna mount for M37, CUCV shackle, deuce shackle, and bridge plate numbers for a SS member who wanted them

pic 9: Two pintle hitches that had just been torched off of trailers by the heat-wrench users. These are same size as used on jeeps. Will be in Classifieds soon.

Great trip, have to go back up there soon!

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The storms are supposed to start in the later afternoon - I'll be there at 0900 and be gone by 1330 or so. Should miss it, but it will still be hot as heck all day long. Sweat is the price I pay to pick around in a military junkyard.

Anyone need anything? The pics of what they have are above, and in the threads on page 1. Here's a couple noteworthy things that are still there. Note the two winches, the deuce-rated jackstands, and the boarding ladders (the 6-step aluminum one is already claimed, but there are 2 4-step steel ones on the same pallet).

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, got back from another trip there - hot as heck again, sweating to death in the 101 degree heat and 90% humidity, but I got the rest of the CUCV antenna guards I could find, a 6-step boarding ladder for another member, some bows and staves for deuce/5-ton bed, and something I'm really surprised I found - four brand new MT-3140/GRC-106 mounts in the bubble wrap! Those are a prize to find nowadays...

I also tried to snag some new 5-ton battery boxes I found in a dumpster of scrap metal, but bees had infested the dumpster and I got stung three times. I'll have to either try again after I bug-bomb the dumpster, or wait until December. I'm tempted to wait until December.

A few pics to follow, I'm having trouble with my camera phone.

338lapua09

You had a nice load in your hauler....thanks again for the hook up..Man I wish I knew those jack stands were thier...looks like I could spend days up there taking it all in..

I would have to agree on the days weather was not good for anything outside..

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Few pics of what I saw there, and the boarding ladder I saved:

Pics 1-2, the 6-step boarding ladder, nice but a slightly damaged step.

Pic 3: where forklifts go to die.....

Pic 4: nestled back in the weeds, a M332 trailer waits for rescue

Pic 5: Fiberglass troop seats, looks like for deuce. The metal is a little rusty but the 'glass is all good.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks