• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going to Coleman's on Tuesday 1/10

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going there with a friend on Tuesday. I'm gonna take pictures, of course. If anyone needs me to look for anything, or pick something up that they have paid for previously, I'd be happy to hold it until you get it from me, or I can bring to Aberdeen or another rally. PM me if you have any requests.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hardy har har.

Anyways, do a search for past trips to Coleman's lotsa yard there, I might see if I can snag some MV parts as well as genset parts, and anything else I trip over in the weeds....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, took a trip up there yesterday with ShieldWolf37, always a good time walking around the yard, and regardless of how much they scrap, there's always new stuff there too. Took a few pictures to share. Might be going back shortly to snag some of the bigger stuff.

pic 1: stack of boarding ladders. Not for trucks and they look slightly different than kitchen trailer ladders.

pic 2: Anyone need engines? They were all over the property, some good, some scrap. Lotsa parts.

pic 3: M275 deuce tractor. Waiting for a new home!

pic 4: Line of junker wrecker crane bodies. Shame, but they need everything repaired/replaced to work again.

pic 5: At least one or two wrecker spades in there. Next time I go up there with a trailer, I'll save them for someone here.

pic 6: Antenna base, AT-903/G. Not sure its application.

pic 7: Another pic of the pile of antenna bases.

pic 8: Anyone need axle straps? Pallet load of about 10 of them.

pic 9: One of the few parts deuces on the property. This one still has the winch assembly. I'm sure the PTO is there, too, but with no tires on the deuce, that sucker is buried underneath the hulk....

pic 10: Stack of 7-ton jackstands in the scrap piles.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few more...

pic 11: Poor old Coot offroad ATV in the scrap piles. Someone save it soon or it's going to be recycled into toasters.

pic 12: A pile of what looks like are brand new CUCV antenna guards, but they might be usable for other applications as well. This one was out of the box, the rest were in the box.

pic 13: A few boarding ladders - the 4-step steel one was good, the 6- and 7-step aluminum ones had a few steps damaged and need repair.

Attachments

L1A1

That "coot" looks kind of like a scaled down M5618) Haven't been up to Coleman's in years might be just the excuse I need for a road trip.
Matt

Tlauden

I was drooling over that deuce tractor last time I was up there. I was scared to ask how much they want for it. I should go ask and possibly go on the Coleman's payment plan again!! That's how I got the deuce I have now, payed them off a little each month. but then I would need to get my CDL :( :/ and what is that coot ATV thing?? I've never seen one before?! It amazes me what Coleman's has up there in the weeds sometimes

L1A1

When I had an M59 (APC) back in the late 90s, I needed tracks for it. Was quoted a price oof 4k for a used, take/off set from another collector. I needed about 144 shoes and the T/O set was going to be shy a couple due to them having been cut off of another vehicle. I was able to find NOS (still palletized) tracks for my APC up there and purchased them for scrap value. Wound up with close to 200 shoes and paid around $600.00 for all.

Matt

cpf240

pic 12: A pile of what looks like are brand new CUCV antenna guards, but they might be usable for other applications as well. This one was out of the box, the rest were in the box.
I could use a few of these brush guards, but I fear that is more of a drive then I can justify! I don't suppose they ship? Any idea on cost, etc?

Cool pics, thanks!

KsM715

Pic #1. Steel or Alum.? How tall when set at the proper angle? How much.

Pic #8 Do they have just the chains? I found 2 clamps in a local salvage yard but missing the chains. (dual roller)

Tlauden

I could use a few of these brush guards, but I fear that is more of a drive then I can justify! I don't suppose they ship? Any idea on cost, etc?

Cool pics, thanks!
Yea the do ship, if they are to pricey to ship to ya and your interested let me know. If you work out the payments and stuff with them ill pick them up for ya and put them in one of those if it fits it ships boxes. I only live 10 minutes away from Coleman's and would be more than willing to help a SS'er out.

cpf240

Yea the do ship, if they are to pricey to ship to ya and your interested let me know. If you work out the payments and stuff with them ill pick them up for ya and put them in one of those if it fits it ships boxes. I only live 10 minutes away from Coleman's and would be more than willing to help a SS'er out.
Just as a quick follow up on this, I finally got off my butt and sent Coleman's an e-mail to see if they still had the CUCV Antenna Brush Guards. They had no idea what I was talking about, and said that they had gotten rid of a lot of stuff.

Thanks to the picture from maddawg308, they were able to find them. Probably cost a bit more than it could have on the shipping, as the boxes and contents were soaking wet! Good thing these are made out of aluminum!

I thought it was kinda funny to see the markings on the inside of the bracket to tell the installer which side was up depending on what truck it was going on, M1008 or M1009.

The NSN on the packaging is: 5340-01-277-5034 "Bracket, Double Angle" made by Murlin Mfg Corp in Farmingdale, NJ. The label was also dated 2/97.

So, thanks again to maddawg308 for posting the pictures of his trip, and to Tlauden for offering to help. Stay shiny and keep flying!

Man, I love this site!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rule about Colemans is, if they have it in their catalog they are a great help. If it's in the yard, noone knows where anything is, what it is, and they don't know anything about it unless you shove it in their faces. Shawn Coleman is a great guy but he never leaves his office so he doesn't know about anything in his back 40. He'd rather scrap it all out than get out of the office and walk around the property. That's why I've been able to find all sorts of neat stuff in the weeds.

Once I get up there again, I'll save some more stuff.

cpf240

The rule about Colemans is, if they have it in their catalog they are a great help. If it's in the yard, noone knows where anything is, what it is, and they don't know anything about it unless you shove it in their faces. Shawn Coleman is a great guy but he never leaves his office so he doesn't know about anything in his back 40. He'd rather scrap it all out than get out of the office and walk around the property. That's why I've been able to find all sorts of neat stuff in the weeds.

Once I get up there again, I'll save some more stuff.
Well, I haven't seen them anywhere else, just the brush guard that is, without buying the whole antenna mount kit, which I don't need.

Dylan Coleman was very helpful in answering my questions and searching for them, so I'm pleased with how things went.

So, you get a big thank you anyway! :grin:

michigandon

Mike, the next time you go up there, can you investigate the s788s that they have advertised on their website? I'd like to know if they still have any and whether or not they look like a piece of Swiss cheese like the ones coming up for sale on this one auction site...

Thanks,
Don

jaxsof

Mike, lemme know when youre goingvagain, and if I can manage to get off, I would like to explore with a friend, who also knows the place

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks