• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goodyear G272 on M35A2

Shustring

Sorry if this has been answered.

I have a 1969m35 a2. I installed a Waterloo power steering unit which has the steering box on the outside of the frame.

I was thinking on singling out my dual wheels and upgrading to MRAP rims, adapter plate and Goodyear 272; 44” tall, 12” wide. Will this work?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which MRAP wheels? There are different sizes/types out there, most are 20x10" and have a backspace of ~11". (Even with a 1/2" adapter plate, your F-L tire will rub on the pitman shaft.)
Post pics of the wheels you have in mind.

The G272 MSA are 12.00R20s and the recommended rim size is 20x8.5".

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Flip the hubs and use the stock wheels with the stock wheels and install a tube.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Those are budd pattern. They are tubeless but the same offset as your stock wheels.

DaneGer21

Which MRAP wheels? There are different sizes/types out there, most are 20x10" and have a backspace of ~11". (Even with a 1/2" adapter plate, your F-L tire will rub on the pitman shaft.)
Isnt this the most common conversion setup for a deuce? How do guys get away from them rubbing, thicker adapters? Especially with larger tires.

I only ask because I was planning this setup but this is one of the first time I’ve read the front would rub, and now I’m worried.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isnt this the most common conversion setup for a deuce?
No. The most common "MRAP to Deuce" conversion uses a wheel with a 10-on-335mm bolt pattern and Ø281mm pilot hole. Plus a #1/2" adapter plate and hardware to bolt everything together.
Like this one....
s-l500 (1).jpg

The wheel you posted would need some extensive modification before you could bolt on such an adapter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks