• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got all my M35A2 LED lights working....for a little bit. Anyone worked on LED's with success?

JSBIRD69

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After spending the time to refresh all my grounds and confirm all connections, I discovered that the most trouble prone LED lamp on my truck has a cracked housing, letting who knows what into the case, leaving it free to attack the board.

My left rear LED lamp hasn't been giving me any trouble, but I found a reasonable deal on two new replacement rear lamps and will fix the rears that way.
The fronts work...good enough...for now.

Thanks to all who took the time to read and respond!

Jay

JSBIRD69

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My new LED rear lamps arrived today, and it was a quick job to swap them out. Since only one of my old lamps was bad, I now have a spare rear lamp.

I was surprised to see that the new Trucklite LED rear lamps only use 3 LED's for the tail/running light. The Grote's I replaced used 12 for tail, and 12 for brakes.

3.jpeg

I haven't had an opportunity to check them in the dark, but I believe I've solved my issues for now.

Many thanks to all who read and replied.

Jay

tobyS

Found this on my 1061. Both sides had one wire between the light housing and mount that was smashed enough the wire came through the insulation.

Then I checked and the ground for the bulbs in the top is one screw and the ground for the lower led is the other screw.....and they are not bonded inside. Thus you can have a fine ground to one of the housing mount screws and the light still not work because the other mount screw is not a good ground.

Moral is to check both of your mounting screws to make sure both are making good ground, not just one.

Attachments

JSBIRD69

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found this on my 1061. Both sides had one wire between the light housing and mount that was smashed enough the wire came through the insulation.

Then I checked and the ground for the bulbs in the top is one screw and the ground for the lower led is the other screw.....and they are not bonded inside. Thus you can have a fine ground to one of the housing mount screws and the light still not work because the other mount screw is not a good ground.

Moral is to check both of your mounting screws to make sure both are making good ground, not just one.
Thanks Toby! I found two new LED lamps for the rear of my truck...and all is well!!

Jay

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks