• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my MEP 002

Grove

I won the bid on an MEP 002 mounted on an M116a2 trailer. After waiting about 4 weeks I found out it was only able to be picked up on Tuesday's. After missing the first Tuesday I made arrangements to be there on the next one. I got home last night and tonight I got to play with my new toy.

I am very pleased with my purchase. The trailer is in good shape, new or almost new tires, good cover, a tool box with all the grounding rods, slide hammer, MFC aux kit, MFC pour spout, plus a sledge hammer. The trailer pulled great and I really appreciated the advice about the magnetic lights I got from this site.

Upon inspection the generator had a full tank of good fuel and I couldn't find any water in the filters. It had a bad battery and the other one was questionable so I bought 2 new matching ones. I flipped the switch tonight and it fired right up. All the gauges work and it makes 120v, I haven't switched it to 240v yet but I plan to tomorrow.

Picks are attached. Please look at the valve on the oil drain. I'm pretty sure that is not OEM. Maybe it's wishful thinking but if somebody was willing to add that they were obviously worried about maintainence.

Tomorrow's plans are fluid and filter changes and making an adapter for the trailer plug so I can use the lights with civvy trucks.

Thanks for having this site as a resource and for all the info that made getting this generator so easy.

Grove

Attachments

Armada

Welcome to the site! Nice score. You can't go wrong with those diesel gensets. I always look forward to storms and power outages to get the chance to run them.

OLDCHEV4X4

Good looking, well equiped set ya got there. Mine has a drain valve too, but it dosent have a long handle. I think the idea is to have a quick way to drain the oil, so if the enemy is approaching and you have to abandon your set, you can drain the oil, turn it on and get the heck out of there.

DieselBob

Welcome to the site and looks like a good score on the gen set. Hope to join the gen club myself. I got my credit card all warmed up for a couple coming up soon. :-D

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grove,
Welcome to the site. That's a great score on the generator. So you know, they all have a drain valve on them, yours appears to have been replaced with a different style though. If you have any questions about the set feel free to ask, there is a lot of good information here on the site. The filters all have civilian cross reference numbers, do a search on the site and all the information you need should pop up. The fuel bowls and oil filter take an o-ring to seal the bowl. If memory serves, the correct o-ring comes with the fuel filter, but the oil filter does not, you'll have to buy that ring separately. At the top of your window in the resources section; the manuals for your set are available for download for free, I think they are about 4 or 5 pages into the list. If you can't find them, other members have them if you need em. Good luck, and enjoy your new toy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks