• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

govliq 6.2 auctions?

warwick

govliq has had auctions in Tenn, some lots of 36 but most lots of 18, as well as Alabama. i'm sure some of you have seen the listing, i was wondering if anyone knew anyone that has them? i;ve been waiting for them to show up on ebay or military forums for sale but havn't heard/seen anything. i'm on the easternshore of maryland and interested in 1 or 2 6.2.

i figure most of the 6.2,if not all, are out of HMMWVs. what are the basic differences between a cucv and a hmmwv 6.2?

ETA: looking for a 6.2 for my M715 and posibly a 6.2 for my M725

Would like to nail down a couple / few of these myself. Wish I had a better answer than that... I was starting to think things like 'group buy' but the fact is there will certainly be a few scrap engines in the lot, a few very worn out cores, a few good runners, a few rebuilts that have been scavenged for parts, and a few unmolested rebuilts... which means, how many buyers should go in on a lot of 18. How do you establish a 'heirarchy' as far as who gets what... stuff like that makes it a situation where you pretty much have to be able to buy, move, and triage the whole lot, and then make use of / sell what is good.

peace
Dave

rdixiemiller

All the HMMVW's that are being rebuilt at MCLB Albany are getting the 6.5's. Many of the vehicles come in under their own power, so I would imagine at least 1/2 of the motors were running when they were pulled.
As far as I know, the 6.2 is the same as the civvy engine, accessories are different of course.
Just my thoughts.....

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
They have been on ebay in the last couple months, but the guy is asking over a grand for them. He advertised that he is testing them to weed out the bad ones, so he must have a shop. I think he was out of Alabama. I would be interested in a GB, but I imagine that it would be a nightmare. Don't forget about the shipping on them too.

85-m1028

Re: RE: govliq 6.2 auctions?

CCATLETT1984 said:
I forgot that the humvee is full 24 volt, you could use the engine with the db2 off of any other 6.2l from the military
I just switched the pump cover, if you have an old pump with a good 12v cutoff solenoid use that with the hmmwv pump if you dont have the funds for a rebuilt one. I found that putting in a 1/2 quart of ATF fluid in with each fill-up really helps out these old Db-2 pumps

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: govliq 6.2 auctions?

Yeah, that's Ted Hils in AL. 1028 beat me to it, you can switch out the 28v stuff on the DB2 pump.

benallen

if you guys are interested ive got some 6.2 engines out of some humvees that have been either rebuilt or are pretty much new.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks