• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govliq auction, i won it, then revisit and its got 19 hours added and active?

Chrispyny

I won an auction. I saw myself win it. It counted down to nothing. I was the highest bidder.

Now i sit down for the rest of the night, revisit the auction to wallow in my joy of winning, and the auction is active, and has a magical extra 19 hours left to it..

What the frig ?

Anyone have this happen to them? I'm going to call them tomorrow am. There is OBVIOUSLY a problem here.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They had some issues with some "events" today. They extended them. I got an email.

I imagine this is in response to the last time they had a week of servers all crashing 15 minutes before most auctions ended, and the people who realized that was going to happen winning easily because they bid early.

Chrispyny

That really makes me angry. I won it fair and square. And now i may get outbid because of their problems ? Unreal.

Wonder why i didnt get an email.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Same thing here. Bid on stuff auctions ended. In my bid history it showed I was high bidder on the ended lots and then a bit later the auctions were back up for another day. Quite unprofessional.

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can imagine if you were trying to bid on an auction and the system wasn't working and it wouldn't accept your bid you would be glad the auction had been extended. Just a thought.

FloridaAKM

Yep, same thing for me yesterday. Watched my bids for three days & 10 minutes before the auction ended, lost the signal due to being in the doctors office. At 4:30, I rechecked the site & I had won both items I was pushing hard to win, Happy Days! Now this morning, looking for the confirmation of wins, there was none. Checking on the GL site, I see that my auction has been put back in to the active auction status & people are bidding on them again along with other lots that I was watching. This borders on outright fraud in my book. GL must not want any more of my business if this is their playbook SOP.

FloridaAKM

An additional hour or so due to bids being place & pushing out the end time, but not a 24 hour reset just because they feel like it & can. They should close the auctions that were reopened, award the lots to the winners as of 4:00 yesterday & operate by the rules that they set in the first place! I would call & voice my displeasure, but it would be best if I do not right now!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Their site crashed for me about 10 mins before normal end time. I was in a bidding war with somebody,winning and when it finally came back up well after normal end time it had closed and I was no longer the winner. These have happened in the past and GL gets more - comments when they didn't extend them, It was over an hour before the some of the ones I was bidding on came back up.
Dear Valued Customer,

This e-mail is being sent to notify you that we have experienced a technical error.
The following sales have been extended and will close Thursday,
September 29th @ 4pm ET:

* IA14839/IA22231 Shop, Service & Trade Equip, Supplies, Hardware,
Electrical Cable/Wire, Power & Distribution Equip
* IA14840/IA22232 Commercial & Field Food Service Equipment
* IA14841/IA22233 Individual Equipment, Field Gear, Military Clothing & Textiles
* IA14950 Demil Q M7 & M9 Bayonets
* IA22234 Computer, Networking & Office Equipment

The below event will close Thursday, September 29th @ 5pm ET:

* 501454 BioPharma Equipment Market #572

We apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused.

Sincerely,

Customer Support
Government Liquidation

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not like when something goes stupid at a live auction the auctioneer doesn't do something to try and correct it, at times opening the bidding back up. But they hate it and it makes them look bad.

Of course, the response to "I was trying to bid and you guys weren't seeing me." has been "Yell louder."

FloridaAKM

See my post on auction wins this week....................Lost both bids when a Trac Hoe pulled the service feed out of the office & killed the access to the auction & I lost them by one bid each......................can't bid on a powerless computer :roll:!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks