• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govplanet Credit Card Fees

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about don’t use a credit card? If you do a wire transfer, the bank charges $35 for that too.
And is the additional 3% fee going to make or break whether or not you bid and buy an item?
Be nice if they took PayPal

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They then need to setup a ACH payment method then.

credit card fees...
true wire transfer fees....
ACH would work. Obviously to a certain $$ limit.

reset2

Just to update this forum. I just bought a MEP 803 at GovPlanet. And here are the fees I paid.
Bid on the item $1700.00
15% Sale Fee $ 255.00
SF 97 Fee $ 50.00
PA Sales Tax 6% $ 120.30
CC Fee 2.95% $ 62.70
Total $2188.00
Have not picked up the MEP as of yet but planning on a road trip Monday or Tue at the latest. Remember you have 3 business days to pay for your purchase. I woke up this morning thinking 3 calendar days. I posted this so a new purchaser will bid accordingly with the fees involved.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just to update this forum. I just bought a MEP 803 at GovPlanet. And here are the fees I paid.
Bid on the item $1700.00
15% Sale Fee $ 255.00
SF 97 Fee $ 50.00
PA Sales Tax 6% $ 120.30
CC Fee 2.95% $ 62.70
Total $2188.00
Have not picked up the MEP as of yet but planning on a road trip Monday or Tue at the latest. Remember you have 3 business days to pay for your purchase. I woke up this morning thinking 3 calendar days. I posted this so a new purchaser will bid accordingly with the fees involved.
You can write up your own short hand bill of lading. Have the yard guy sign it. Submit it back to govplanet to get your PA sales tax back.

tktsales

Bid on the item $1700.00
15% Sale Fee $ 255.00
SF 97 Fee $ 50.00
PA Sales Tax 6% $ 120.30
CC Fee 2.95% $ 62.70
Total $2188.00
I did not realize they were up to 15% premium. Last I remember it was 12.5%. I dont buy much anymore. Its gotten way out of hand with prices plus its such as hassle getting taxes removed and shipping anymore. Why did they charge you a SF97 fee? I would not put that past them but thought that was only on Trucks?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Gee, reminds me of my water bill!

Fees on top of fees and then the taxes on top of it all.
It is the politicians that do this to get re-elected, but then they go away
after a while and We all still got the ever increasing bill.

Sewer fee that more than doubles when water used amount doubles, goes by the number of bedrooms in house, not number of poopers or sinks.

Water fee that is like whatever they feel like charging for it
Customer account fee, like I can buy water someplace else and like
We would be special customer -- NOT

Then............... City Tax on top of all that
I have already caught them twice radioing the meter to increase the bill.

Don't even get the crotchety old man to start talking about the electric bill!

Govplanet is not the only entity milking the beast.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to pay Georgia state tax of 38 bucks plus a 38 buck county tax for the stuff that came out of Albany. Not a big deal but can add up on high priced stuff.

reset2

SF97 Maybe I don't need it but when I sell I'm thinking the buyer would feel better. My understanding of Maryland DOT is a specialized trailer don't require a tag. Like a mortor mixer, log splitter, and a generator trailer etc...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
And on a normal sale from the eBay it costs 13.75% to the seller of what the item sold for in dollars after paying the eBay and the PayPal fees. Also seller pays the postage/ shipping/ packaging in many cases.
Credit card fees income is part of the business plan. If nobody bought the stuff then the business goes belly up. Our debt world is mandated by the government, debt and fees makes the world go round.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
And on a normal sale from the eBay it costs 13.75% to the seller of what the item sold for in dollars after paying the eBay and the PayPal fees. Also seller pays the postage/ shipping/ packaging in many cases.
Credit card fees income is part of the business plan. If nobody bought the stuff then the business goes belly up. Our debt world is mandated by the government, debt and fees makes the world go round.
Sad but true.

The only REAL DIFFERENCE is that we as citizens have a serious problem when we run out of money.
Government on the other hand - can run in the red - and even into the negative numbers...

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sad but true. The only REAL DIFFERENCE is that we as citizens have a serious problem when we run out of money.
Government on the other hand - can run in the red - and even into the negative numbers...
Our gubermint ran out of money long long time ago. They just push around what many believe is money, it is not. This is not politicks. This is about fiat currencies the world over. As long as humans actually believe they got money it will all continue.

money for free

The only real money We in the USA have is nickels that do have some value
money

Remember to just read "money" in the above articles to mean "electrons".

Last edited:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bid on the item $1700.00
15% Sale Fee $ 255.00
SF 97 Fee $ 50.00
PA Sales Tax 6% $ 120.30
CC Fee 2.95% $ 62.70
Total $2188.00

That’s all? Don’t forget the 7.3% general overhead charge, 3.4% hidden surcharge tax, 22% hefty excess fee, and the 11.56% fee processing fee.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks