• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govplanet Humvee's Illinois

dwalton75

I am considering buying a Humvee from Govplanet. Is there anyone else who lives in Illinois that can give me an idea of what to expect? I'm concerned with the "end use certificate" (does this cost) the prices their selling humvees for seems too reasonable. There has to be hidden fees somewhere. Registration, insurance...surely I can't just buy one for around $5000.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
+10% fee, +10% taxes, + $1k or so in immediate maintenance.

EUC is just a delay for picking it up.

Hold harmless agreement and branded paperwork varies state to state in the amount of trouble it causes. I have no knowledge of IL.

Welcome. And be warned it's a slippery slope....

dwalton75

How much would you advise me to save before attempting to make a humvee purchase? Guaging just how slippery this slope can get. Lol.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
The $5000 HMMWV's also have an "Off road use only" restriction. So be sure to check with the Illinois DMV to see if you can even register it for the road. Also welcome to the site from Cape Cod, MA. Used to live in Pekin.