• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govplanet Sales Tax

blitz10

I have been trying for months to get my refund for paying LA taxes and then my TX taxes. Sent tax paper work for Texas and post sale info shows refund, but no refund has been sent. I have talked to 4 reps and numerous emails since February. I hope Jwade can help.

I have been trying for months to get my refund for paying LA taxes and then my TX taxes. Sent tax paper work for Texas and post sale info shows refund, but no refund has been sent. I have talked to 4 reps and numerous emails since February. I hope Jwade can help.
Double check your credit card statements... I received a refund back on the CC after they told me they would mail a check...

blitz10

Just an update, I did receive my refunded taxes paid to LA several months ago. I had to redo it in email with attachments and then wait for several months. I am good on this tax matter. Now to get them to start issuing a FL dealer reassignment form. My county, Taylor Co Texas, will not accept the notarized copy of the SF 97. A coworker is going thru the same now, issued a Government SF 97 and the notarized copy. No go that way.

2deuce

My experience is... GP will charge you sales tax, because they have a blanket policy to charge you. Their tax expert is only adept at reading you their policy. They know little about the individual states sales tax laws because that would take some effort. It is easier to charge the tax and have one vanilla policy that covers all tax collection. The bottom line is before you place a bid know the tax % you will pay and adjust your maximum bid accordingly to reflect your total cost. Don't go to the states tax dept to find out what you will be charged, GP has it's own policy of what to charge you and the states don't mind if you are overcharged as long as they get all the money.

MaverickH1

I'm about to get into this game. Bought one of the M1123s in GA and was charged 7% combined for GA state and local county sales taxes. EUC hasn't cleared yet, but I wanted to see what had to be done to get the refund. I've seen a mention about timing so I don't want to miss my window and get double billed.

I live in VA. Andy, what was the process you went through? Did you just pay the VA sales tax separately and GovPlanet refunded you later? Any suggestions/recommendations?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to submit a copy of my registration showing the amount of tax I paid in the different jurisdiction and an email requesting a refund. They only cut checks every 2 weeks. Mine was wired at my instance but I had to pay a fee to receive at my bank which I was unaware of. :-(

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm about to get into this game. Bought one of the M1123s in GA and was charged 7% combined for GA state and local county sales taxes. EUC hasn't cleared yet, but I wanted to see what had to be done to get the refund. I've seen a mention about timing so I don't want to miss my window and get double billed.

I live in VA. Andy, what was the process you went through? Did you just pay the VA sales tax separately and GovPlanet refunded you later? Any suggestions/recommendations?
Maverick , I sent a refund form ( SUT 2 ) to Richmond showing the tax was paid at time of purchase.

MaverickH1

Finally got my Humvee titled and tagged and I'm looking into this now. Are you guys saying to go to GovPlanet for the refund or to go to the DMV for the refund?

I was taxed $1,694 by GovPlanet in GA and an additional $1,001 by the state of VA when titling.

The SUT 2 form for the VA DMV seems to say that I can only ask for a refund if it was titled/registered by me in another state first.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got my Humvee titled and tagged and I'm looking into this now. Are you guys saying to go to GovPlanet for the refund or to go to the DMV for the refund?

I was taxed $1,694 by GovPlanet in GA and an additional $1,001 by the state of VA when titling.

The SUT 2 form for the VA DMV seems to say that I can only ask for a refund if it was titled/registered by me in another state first.
Submit your tax receipt from the DMV to GP and they will/should refund ALL the taxes they assessed on your vehicle. I go though this with every item I get from them, it's a broken system they've not cared to correct.

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I went to DMV for the tax refund. Show them that you paid tax at time of purchase.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks