• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Govplanet screw up

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, you will need to contact a customer service rep tomorrow and they will get a corrected title issued for the truck.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Im in ohio and im going to call the BMV and explain it and maybe they will understand. If this turns into another six weeks someone will be getting the wrath of god on this one. Got to love people that cant do their job.:evil:

drivebymashing

poor guy. I bought a 105a2 from govplanet thinking a notarized bill of sale would be enough for a title. Not in NC an office from the theft and something bureau came to my house to verify my trailer wasnt stolen. I have to bond the title for 100 dollars to get a title. I should of just paid the 150 to gov planet for a title..... Assuming the vin matched!! HAHA

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Another kicker is it was delivered last thursday. got no email call or anything it was shipped and today (sunday) my step son and I are cleaning the yard up after a windstorm and he goes "whats this" and its my title in a fedex box blowing around the yard.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im in ohio and im going to call the BMV and explain it and maybe they will understand. If this turns into another six weeks someone will be getting the wrath of god on this one. Got to love people that cant do their job.:evil:
I strongly suggest you don't contact the DMV.

I had a similar situation, and it resulted in a bunch of stress for all involved. Just have GP fix it and go from there... that is by far the fastest easiest fix.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Update. I had a very understanding lady at the BMV and she told me no biggie went out to the truck got the correct one and I had no issues (that never happens):driver:

BenRoberts

Certified insane
I was assuming I would need a jack Daniels IV after this but im going to have to credit this to my stunning good looks that allowed me to cruise right through:drool:

Gunzy

I had GP do the same thing on 2 trailers and a truck. They REALLY need to pay MUCH closer attention to the S/Ns on the equipment they are selling.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I just put in for a title with GP they sent me a form to fill out. Like GL did where they use MY correct information not their own. Let me put what I wanted for gvw also.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just put in for a title with GP they sent me a form to fill out. Like GL did where they use MY correct information not their own. Let me put what I wanted for gvw also.
Just because you supply the information doesn't mean it will come back that way. I included the manufacturer's name for my trailer when I applied to GP for the title and it showed up with the manufacturer listed as "USMC". Maybe the manufacturer's name was too long and the person typing was tired.

I'm glad the OP was able to get his problem resolved painlessly.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
We try to not make mistakes but we rely heavily on the inspectors to get the serial numbers correct. However when you are dealing with hundreds of items a week all with different random digits unfortunately user error is going to happen. Our Controllers try to catch them but it is sometimes a bit difficult to read the numbers from a picture.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update. I had a very understanding lady at the BMV and she told me no biggie went out to the truck got the correct one and I had no issues (that never happens):driver:
I guess that depends on where you live. I bought a jack from Rapco and had it shipped to my GA house. 10 minutes after it was sorted at the post office, it was marked undeliverable as addressed (according to tracking notes). I got a pic of the label as returned to Rapco and went to the local post office. Those folks bent over backwards to try to figure out the problem. I'm really going to enjoy living near a small town.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
We try to not make mistakes but we rely heavily on the inspectors to get the serial numbers correct. However when you are dealing with hundreds of items a week all with different random digits unfortunately user error is going to happen. Our Controllers try to catch them but it is sometimes a bit difficult to read the numbers from a picture.
It all worked out. The POC recorded it wrong. He was a super nice guy so don't jump him too bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks