• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP - No Loadout Info Until Payment Cleared?!

Speedzilla

Hey Guys,

I have had an issue with GP that I am not very happy about. I won an item at the Auctions yesterday (Wednesday), and I had a transporter that was going to be in the area today (Thursday). I called GP trying to figure out what days load out was available at Huntsville, but he would not provide me with any pickup information until the payment had cleared! So meanwhile I am sitting here waiting for my account to show paid (wire transfer) while my shipper sits around slightly frustrated I can't provide him with any information. Not a very good system! All I wanted to know is what days loadout was available at Huntsville. aua

Speedzilla

Just tried to call GP again, VERY VERY VERY unhelpful! I asked if there was someone else I could speak to and I was told there was not. I tried to reiterate that the ONLY thing I need to know is if pickup was available today or tomorrow. That's it! I don't need to schedule anything, just need a small piece of information.

Last edited:

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
They can't give you a definite answer because the Huntsville yard is appt only, 48 hours in advance. They are not authorized to give out the Point of Contact number in order to schedule the pickup until the item has been paid for.

DanM7890

Sounds like you haven't purchased anything from them before. They want to get paid ASAP and won't release any info until this happens. As for pickups, they are by apt only and are usually only there a couple days a week, if that. Sorry to say but you have to have more patience if you want to keep buying from these auctions. They aren't the best at customer service.

Should I even go into the wait it takes to get paperwork?

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
That would be correct, or they show up at the yard when the TPOC is not available, use their item release as justification to "inspect" their item, and ironically we find other items that have been cannibalized. If we don't limit and control access to unmanned (by GP Personnel) yards, then we can't ensure that everyone's items are secure. It is a headache I know, but if we allowed anyone to go anywhere anytime they wanted, I guarantee everyone would be upset when they took possession of their item and it was missing stuff. That happens enough already with the measures we have in place now, I do not even want to think what it would look like if it was a free for all.

Speedzilla

They can't give you a definite answer because the Huntsville yard is appt only, 48 hours in advance. They are not authorized to give out the Point of Contact number in order to schedule the pickup until the item has been paid for.
That's all I needed to know! I didn't need to make a darn appointment, just wanted to know the BASICS for pickup.

Speedzilla

Sounds like you haven't purchased anything from them before. They want to get paid ASAP and won't release any info until this happens. As for pickups, they are by apt only and are usually only there a couple days a week, if that. Sorry to say but you have to have more patience if you want to keep buying from these auctions. They aren't the best at customer service.

Should I even go into the wait it takes to get paperwork?
I have made plenty of purchases through GL/GP over the last 10 years, thanks. Usually I can get some sort of information on pickup before payment has cleared. I don't need to make an appointment.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
PM the CSR you spoke with. There is no reason why they couldn't tell you what I just did. As I have said before, I can't fix it if I don't know who/where the system is broken. Thanks!

DanM7890

I have made plenty of purchases through GL/GP over the last 10 years, thanks. Usually I can get some sort of information on pickup before payment has cleared. I don't need to make an appointment.
When you state " I had a transporter that was going to be in the area today" which is a day after the auction, that's not going to work. GP doesn't work that fast, they just want to make sure they're paid. I don't even deal with GP if I have too. I save all the guys numbers in my phone and talk to them directly every time. The guys doing the checkouts with you can be the most helpful people.

Speedzilla

When you state " I had a transporter that was going to be in the area today" which is a day after the auction, that's not going to work. GP doesn't work that fast, they just want to make sure they're paid. I don't even deal with GP if I have too. I save all the guys numbers in my phone and talk to them directly every time. The guys doing the checkouts with you can be the most helpful people.
The shipper was willing to wait in the area for a day or two. I just needed to give him SOME information, which GP was unable to provide.

What really irked me was the CSR that told me there was not someone else I could speak with when I am SURE there was.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
The shipper was willing to wait in the area for a day or two. I just needed to give him SOME information, which GP was unable to provide.

What really irked me was the CSR that told me there was not someone else I could speak with when I am SURE there was.
I sent you a PM, also I grabbed one of the CC Supervisor's and reiterated what info could and could not be given out. As I stated before there was no reason to withhold the basic "By Appt only, 48 hours notice" information.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That would be correct, or they show up at the yard when the TPOC is not available, use their item release as justification to "inspect" their item, and ironically we find other items that have been cannibalized. If we don't limit and control access to unmanned (by GP Personnel) yards, then we can't ensure that everyone's items are secure. It is a headache I know, but if we allowed anyone to go anywhere anytime they wanted, I guarantee everyone would be upset when they took possession of their item and it was missing stuff. That happens enough already with the measures we have in place now, I do not even want to think what it would look like if it was a free for all.
The above was a main issue with GL, people showed up, took what they wanted in the process of getting there item, I made more then one put things back before leaving the Atlanta yard. With 4 or 5 people and friends getting different items, it is hard keeping a eye on everybody.

Speedzilla

Truck was delivered today, but a rather nasty surprise awaited. PTO was missing on this winch truck, someone obviously once torch cut the frame to remove the PTO and has subsequently cracked the main frame. I don't think this frame can be plated here on the inside, there is already no clearance to the PTO.

19145811_10209594941446146_848123768821265608_n.jpg

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck was delivered today, but a rather nasty surprise awaited. PTO was missing on this winch truck, someone obviously once torch cut the frame to remove the PTO and has subsequently cracked the main frame. I don't think this frame can be plated here on the inside, there is already no clearance to the PTO.

View attachment 685243
The description lists a PTO as present.

The description is silent on the frame.

Edit - upon closer examination the frame is given 3 stars. I find difficulty reconciling torch-cut and heat-cracked with 3 stars.

Last edited:

tobyS

Wow..that's a problem. From the rust on the hole, it was not recently done. What model truck is it?

If for some reason you keep it and need a PTO, I have a couple NOS kits left.

If I were forced to weld this frame (which I know everyone will discourage), I'd V it out some and use 7018 or 9018 rod (no mig) and plate the top with CR. Yes, I know it's heat treated.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?162668-PTO-for-M939-series/page2

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow..that's a problem. From the rust on the hole, it was not recently done. What model truck is it?

If for some reason you keep it and need a PTO, I have a couple NOS kits left. If I were forced to weld this frame (which I know everyone will discourage), I'd V it out some and use 7018 or 9018 rod (no mig) and plate the top with CR. Yes, I know it's heat treated.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?162668-PTO-for-M939-series/page2
The truck in question is a 942.

GP's iron clad assurance has a deductible after pickup has taken place. $750 I believe, which is probably enough to offset the PTO.

The frame will be a separate issue depending on if GP sees it as a major flaw, or a minor issue.

The time to dispute is at pickup, *before* the truck leaves their lot. I have waved off of 3 trucks for customers at the time of pickup for issues of the truck not matching description : siezed brakes with parts missing, and severe forklift damage that had occurred after the sale. 1 of them resulted in a collapsed sale, and 2 of them resulted in price adjustments. The GP lot reps in all instances asked me, "can you just go ahead and tow it off the lot?". Had I done so, the buyers would have been in a much weaker position.

When using a shipper, it's important that they know what they're getting, and to at least put eyes on the major stuff. My impression is speedzilla got this as a parts truck, and the PTO and winch would be the major parts....

Once Carnac and I were at Ft Bliss picking up. We observed GL loading some poor *******'s running driving 5ton onto a CMC''s flatbed by means of forklift, puncturing the fuel tank and damaging the toolboxes, airlines, air dryer, and probably a long list of stuff. (Emphasis - this was GL and not GP). In a perfect world, the shipper would know not to allow this.

Speedzilla

The truck in question is a 942.
GP's iron clad assurance has a deductible after pickup has taken place. $750 I believe, which is probably enough to offset the PTO.
The frame will be a separate issue depending on if GP sees it as a major flaw, or a minor issue.
The time to dispute is at pickup, *before* the truck leaves their lot. I have waved off of 3 trucks for customers at the time of pickup for issues of the truck not matching description : siezed brakes with parts missing, and severe forklift damage that had occurred after the sale. 1 of them resulted in a collapsed sale, and 2 of them resulted in price adjustments. The GP lot reps in all instances asked me, "can you just go ahead and tow it off the lot?". Had I done so, the buyers would have been in a much weaker position.
When using a shipper, it's important that they know what they're getting, and to at least put eyes on the major stuff. My impression is speedzilla got this as a parts truck, and the PTO and winch would be the major parts....
Once Carnac and I were at Ft Bliss picking up. We observed GL loading some poor *******'s running driving 5ton onto a CMC''s flatbed by means of forklift, puncturing the fuel tank and damaging the toolboxes, airlines, air dryer, and probably a long list of stuff. (Emphasis - this was GL and not GP). In a perfect world, the shipper would know not to allow this.
Unfortunately I bought the truck to use for my farm, I have a knuckle boom from a HEMTT and a 5-Ton bed I want to put on it (why I wanted a LWB), so the frame was disappointing to find. The top on the truck is crushed badly (junk), couldn't tell in the photos, and the PTO is missing which I need for the knuckle boom hydraulics.

I could get over the top, the sheet metal was not rated so that was buyer beware. The truck was listed as having PTO, which is a PAIN to install on these trucks, but is doable. The frame on the other hand is the game changer. That is not something I am comfortable messing with.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Unfortunately I bought the truck to use for my farm, I have a knuckle boom from a HEMTT and a 5-Ton bed I want to put on it (why I wanted a LWB), so the frame was disappointing to find. The top on the truck is crushed badly (junk), couldn't tell in the photos, and the PTO is missing which I need for the knuckle boom hydraulics.

I could get over the top, the sheet metal was not rated so that was buyer beware. The truck was listed as having PTO, which is a PAIN to install on these trucks, but is doable. The frame on the other hand is the game changer. That is not something I am comfortable messing with.
'Zilla- I just sat down at my desk, had to drop off my truck at the shop. I got your PM. Give me a chance to slug down some go juice and I will get working on this one. From the photos you sent me it should be pretty straight forward. I have a couple of meetings this morning, but I should be able to research it after lunch. You will definitely hear something from me today.

Speedzilla

'Zilla- I just sat down at my desk, had to drop off my truck at the shop. I got your PM. Give me a chance to slug down some go juice and I will get working on this one. From the photos you sent me it should be pretty straight forward. I have a couple of meetings this morning, but I should be able to research it after lunch. You will definitely hear something from me today.
No worries! I really appreciate you taking your time to help us out here. I can get more documentation, or a video showing the whole truck as well if you need it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks