• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greasing a Deuce

HDN

I'm using a Legacy Workforce lever grease gun. I bought it for about $40 from Tractor Supply and I hate it! It won't use the grease cartridges because the rubber push seal is too wide to fit down the grease tube. I'm going to call the manufacturer to see if they can help me out. I checked Amazon and people are having the same problem with $25 manual grease guns. So I'm having a $25 problem on a $40 grease gun :rolleyes:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I'm using a Legacy Workforce lever grease gun. I bought it for about $40 from Tractor Supply and I hate it! It won't use the grease cartridges because the rubber push seal is too wide to fit down the grease tube. I'm going to call the manufacturer to see if they can help me out. I checked Amazon and people are having the same problem with $25 manual grease guns. So I'm having a $25 problem on a $40 grease gun :rolleyes:
Buy a battery powered gun. You can pick up a dewalt for around $100 to $150. Bleeds air very easy as well

GopherHill

You may also wish to consider what type of grease goes where. I suggest you use lithium type grease with bearings such as u-joints. I use black moly grease in sliding joints such as spring shackles , tie rod ends, and the like. Just my two cents worth.
TomC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks