• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Great deal on Manuals

Bill W

Hey any of you guys that need manuals go see Brian in the classifieds, I just bought 3, 5 ton manuals from him delivered for less then what Portrayal wants for just one of them. Mine are low/mid 70's dated w/Change 1,2 & 3., in excellent condition ( one was NOS).

Cdub

went down to the Armory today to talk with the Mechanics about the M939's and
the first thing he went to grab for was the TM..........

Glad I ordered mine yesterday.

Thanks Brian for all the good advice.

I'm sure the TM with be of great importance.

seya,

C'dub

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
C'dub said:
Glad I ordered mine yesterday....
You know there are more than one, right? The maintenance ones (-20, -34)are very informative as well, along with separate manuals for the engine, transmissions etc.

Cdub

cranetruck said:
C'dub said:
Glad I ordered mine yesterday....
You know there are more than one, right? The maintenance ones (-20, -34)are very informative as well, along with separate manuals for the engine, transmissions etc.
That does seem just like the Military.....a manual for just about everything....

" Yo Brian "........ " I'm gona need some more manuals " ......just kind'n.....but I will soon..

found this on line and thought it was very interesting

WoW......they even list the TM's right on the tags for the truck.....Nice.....

Attachments

ONTOS66

No doubt about it, Brian has some good prices on the manuals that he has. Plus great service!

Another good source with reasonable prices (IMO) is MILMAN at ebay. Check out his store at: stores.ebay.com/Manuals-and-Stuff
As an example, he has SB 11-131 (vehicular radio sets/installation) for the VRC-12 family, etc. for $25. This is one that we can't download from LOGSA. Plus his shipping charges are reasonable, unlike some ebay sellers.

Yes, C'dub the military (contrary to some peoples opinion) does have its strengths - having a systematic approach to things is one of them. Data plates will show TMs and other reference numbers, just as TMs will show related TMs, etc.

Speaking of those manuals for the M923 - they are all available in .pdf for free download at:
www.logsa.army.mil. enter 9-2320-272 in the manual number (without the TM) and you will get the list for the TMs, MWO, LO, etc. While I like the hard copies, the price on the ETMs is great if they are available for public release.

What other county would give us all this good information for free?

USA! USA! USA!

ONTOS66

C'dub:

The .pdf manuals are at the Army LOGSA site. Go to: https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...a5c80a587-A82A4ED0-C372-7D2B-D783268FAF1BDC34

Then enter: 9-2320-272 in the field for Pub Number. That will list all the LO, MWO, TM, TB for that truck.

Look in the column marked DIS Code. Anything with an "A" is approved for public release. Any other letter you won't be able to download. I just did a check and found 18 documents. All but 3 were approved for public release and ready to download. The stuff that you can't download deals with add on armor and things like that.

At the present time there aren't any copies of this stuff in the SS Technical Manual area. I will download it at home with my DSL connection and make it available to them if they want to add it - assuming they have server space.

Where are you located in NJ? Do you belong to a MV club?

Enjoy!

Cdub

Thanks for the link to the site. I will check them out for sure because when
I went to the SS Technical Manual area I hadn't seen any for the M939's.

I live in New Milford, New Jersey near Paramus (not to be confused with West Milford).

I'm soon to be looking for a M939 some time in the near future.

seya,

C'dub

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks