• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from OH

kphorn

Hello all. I was pointed to this site from another user whom I met when I saw his truck in the parking lot at work and was amazed. I am in the market for a good M923A2. I've been interested in these trucks for years and I feel like I'm now in a position financially and lifestyle-wise to get one. I'm interested in learning a lot about the trucks and getting my hands dirty on a big project. My goal for the truck would be to have a top-notch expedition vehicle to explore North America in.

The local DRMO lot has what I'd guess is 50-60 sitting there but the word from the folks there is they are actually pending foreign military sales units and aren't yet in the disposition pipeline. Either way, I'm spreading the net. Looking for the right vehicle that needs a manageable amount of work and can maximize the fun and adventure.

Cheers

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Oklahoma. There are many members in your area. Maybe you can meet up with them and look at their trucks.

The Auction playing field is about to change in a major way as a new vendor has taken over the contract.

61sleepercab

Welcome from Wild Wonderful West Virginia!!! I have a deuce and a M925 cargo truck and both are lots of fun. I would suggest that you watch the auctions and check prices. It would be best to preview the trucks in person but I bought mine from the GL video. I made a list of 10-20 trucks to bid on and kept bidding in my price range on several trucks. Remember at 8-10 mpg closer is better. You can buy from a private person but expect higher prices because they took the auction lemon risk and have shaken out the bugs from the truck. Shop around and have fun! Mark

kphorn

Wharthog, Auctions changing for better of for worse?

And 61, I've got a few in mind. Some within striking distance, a long haul but doable. That experience may be in my future... The issue is I can't take time off work during the week easily. But I've got a watch list full of almost every M939 series out there to get a feel on prices. I'd hate to take the big risk and drive hundreds of miles after which the trucks 3 miles from my house start getting dumped on the market.

Thanks gents. Seems like there is a great community here.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings and welcome aboard from sunny S Fla. I grew up in Huber Gulch but been gone a long time.