• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings From Utah

MilSpec78

Hi everyone,

I thought it was about time to formally introduce myself.

I have been a SS member since last July and caught the green disease just a month earlier.

I have never been fond of expensive pretty trucks. I like trucks that are tough and have been used tough. I want to offroad and not worry about scratches and I want to have payload capacity because trucks are meant for work. Give me an old, heavy duty, diesel truck that has been mechanically maintained and I am a happy camper.

A buddy of mine (who knows my taste in trucks) introduced me to military vehicles last June when I told him I was looking to get another truck. He was looking for a bobbed deuce or a deuce from GL to modify himself. He texted some pics my way and all I can say is, it was love at first sight! Better yet, the wife loves the look of military trucks and gave me the thumbs up!

By July, I was a member here. I had to see the pics, of course. By August, I had my own 1966 Kaiser M35A2. Since that time, I have spent unknown hours working on it, offroading it and just staring at it. It is awesome. Of course, I also spend a few hours a days scouring the 1,000s of threads on these trucks. This website has been a great educational tool for me.

Below are pics of the truck. The truck was maintained very well mechanically. Eveything was lubed and the fluids and filters all look new. There are no leaks but some seaping here and there. The brakes work great. It also starts up immediately (i.e. not even a full second to push start). Rust is an issue. Some of the cab will need to be cut and replaced. The whole truck needs to be blasted and painted.

It no longer looks the same because I have been modifying it since I got it. I will post another thread on that in the appropriate forum. In the meantime, I look forward to participating in the lively chat and to eventually figuring out what to use as an avatar. ;0)

This really is a great site. Every question I have had so far has been answered with a quick search. It is easier for me to find information on my 46 year old truck than it is for me to find info on my 4 year old car. So, thank you for the great site and thanks to all those who have contributed to it.

David

Attachments

erixun

Welcome

Welcome to the forum and the sickness..... Use a cool photo of your truck offroading as an avatar...

Last edited:

MilSpec78

Thanks for the welcome!

erixun: Good idea on the avatar. I may do that in the end. For now, I couldn't pass up using a pic of my little girl the first time she was in the truck.

Here are some pics of my boys offroading shortly after we removed the bed.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks