• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from WA State!

Hal O'Peridol

New member here. Have been on the "G" for about a year.

Currently have a 1944 GPW I am "restoring", it is the first actual military vehicle I owned.

last month started thinking about getting a 4x4 to drive daily, and thought it would be nice to get a M1009. I drove them , among many other wheeled and tracked vehicles, during my 12 years in the Army. Found a nice one for sale outside of San Francisco, and took the plunge!

I'm over on the wet side of the state, nestled up right against "The Great White North"!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sitting in a hotel in Spokane, WA right now (brother is in hospital so I'm visiting). Lived here, Ft. Lewis, Kent, and Yakima before moving to TX 6 years ago. Glad I waited to be biten by the green bug as I surely couldn't afford to move all my stuff now. It's also handy having Ft. Sam 20 miles down the road.

If anyone bought 151s from Ft Lewis back in the mid 80's I probably helped prep them for DRMO turn in. Really ticked us off to spend months getting them together just to have them cut up into a bunch of pieces.

Stalwart

Wecome aboard Hal!! Great to see another PNW'er in here. FYI, we have a PNW MV convoy approaching in July. Keep your eyes open for a thread by AaronW:)
Not to mention the HUGE Arlington Airshow MV display in July, we are trying for 150 vehicles this year. Last year we saw 100 MV's and 17 or so trailers with some large weapons displays and 3 MV parades on the main taxiway. It is a very fun 5 day event with camping on the airfield, plenty of close trailer parking and lots of nice people. Attendance is free with your MV on display. See photos here:

MobileMe Gallery

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks