• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grooving my 11.00's for snow

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent job booger! Very professional looking result.
As far as wide tires for a float action, the xm757 did good on level ground, tires at 10psi and the track is 16" wide. Images show tracks in about 8 inches of snow. Even made it up the 12% incline without slipping, but conditions must be just right, no previous drivers (packed snow) and no side slopes. For mud, snow and ice, nothing beats chains.
Edit: Measured and corrected the degrees of incline.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bjorn, WOW that's some truck ! Haven't seen one of those before. Snow condition is a huge thing, snow isn't just snow. Fresh snow, or snow you can make a snow man with is easy to get around in. After it's been exposed to the sun in the day and freezing temperatures at night for weeks on end, along with snowmobiles making a crust on top and maybe a little more snow on top of that...it gets pretty tricky. That's why I always prefer staying 'grounded'. Floating eventually ends up with 'sinking'

Greg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I let my 12yr old try the new tire grooving tool out on a old 16.00 Michelin XL Doesn't look to bad.He was trying to keep them straight! He did cut down some of the centers to help get some deeper tread.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks