• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Truck Display

kcimb

ACKK! NOOOO!!!!!!

**SCRUBS BRAIN**

Sorry, I was just their on the 9th and my visit wasn't the highlight of my life (MEPS physical, need I say more?)

Really neat display. I wonder if it's their because it's severly damaged or inoperable? (The M1 outside of fort hood is)

breelanr

The vehicle was decommissioned after an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) attack in Iraq that made the vehicle inoperable. A group of Airmen assigned to the 1 Special Operations Logistics Readiness Squadron donated more than 1,000 hours of their free time to rebuild the vehicle for display.

kcimb

If you look carefully...you can sort of notice a little inward tilt to the cab/hood and bed. Is that how it's suposed to be, or is it the battle damage?

Cdub

Big and Ugly in a Pretty kinda way.......?!?!.......very good job on the resto though, but that gloss paint has to go and be replaced with some woodland camo or all tan.....or even a desert camo would look cool.

The fuel tank is the wrong one for a M923 and something definitely looks bent in that area....??

Thanks for the pic.....very cool look'n truck though.

C'dub

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
The Soldiers all called that Armor kit the frankenstien kit but they swore by it as the best protection short of the SIMLULA complete replacement cab on the HEMMT. We did all kinds of neet weld on mods to the trucks to make the Soldiers happy including some real fancy grill ornaments and other cool mods that did not affect the armor but jazzed up the truck.

Thanks for posting the pictures I will always have one of those in my mind having gone up and down the Iraq roads a number of times.

SasquatchSanta

Here is some gun truck info an old Viet Vet buddy sent me the other day.

You gotta love these names:

"Wild Thing", "The Eve Of Destruction", Ace Of Spades", "The Untouchable", "Psychotic Reaction", "Satin's Little Angel, "Black Widow", Iron Butterfly".

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks