• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Halftrack Brakes - Brake boost needed

dfanders

Gents,

We have a M2A1 halftrack that was "modfied" if times past. It has a Ford engine, tranny, transfer case. The brakes line only run to the rear. The front lines had been removed , and we only have the flexiable brake lines of the wheels. I have the orginal master cylinder. The hydrovac unit is gone. The track will stop, but you better have palnned on that stop in advance !

We are going to reconnect the front brakes. I am looking to add in a brake boost of some kind. I am thinking about changing out the master cylinder to a dual stage version( current one is only a single stage) so that if a line gets cut, i don't lose all the brakes. I understand that when tring to stop 9 tons, i need some help at the brake pedal in the form of brake boost.

So ..
1) Any suggestions on aftermarket dual stage master cylinders ?
2) Brake boost suggestions?

Don't worry about keeping this orginal, as it is never going to win a show with the "modifaction" that have already been made...

Pics are of the master cylinder
HT engine
My 7 year old daughter cleaning the tracks - pressure washers are fun !

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks