• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Happy Times From Commifornia!!

ToddJK

Don't use E85..the alcohol is rough on injection pump. Alcohols are stiffer as they are less compressible than oils. This is why brake fluid is glycol. But in 7000 PSI injection systems, they cause excessive wear.
True, I'm aware, but I'm only mixing 5 gallons to 45 gallons of oil. It's just enough to thin the oil and with the warm temps, it's all it needs. In the colder months I'll use regular gas or diesel.

ToddJK

Y'all had me thinking about back tracking on the E-85, I did some reading and apparently there's conflicting information about what it does or doesn't do. Apparently, which I should have known, it is a strong cleaner more so than regular gas. Conflicting reports suggest it may corrode certain metals, fuel lines, gaskets, ect. Some say it does, some say it doesn't. Other reports say it is too hard on moving parts that require lubrication such as diesel components, but this is running it with nothing but E-85. I'm not worried about mixing it with oil, but the fact it could deteriorate seals, lines, ect, that's enough to make me think twice about using it. It may or may not damage my truck, but saving a few bucks isn't worth a new IP, not imo.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
If in the course of maintenance it is possible to replace seals and wear items to more compatible uses then it makes sense to upgrade system uses for alternate fuels.

After many years of finding better ways to use wmo there still is allot of controversy over why to try and utilize wmo. And when fuel prices spike there is a new resurgence of engineering, fabricating systems that will do what has been tried and forgotten for decades. Then the fuel returns to an economical cost and all is put to the side and forgotten.

And as long as recycling wmo gets another use on a commercial market then I can live with collection centers being used for everyday recycling.

Having 500 gallons on hand I have found uses for wmo but not using in my road trucks. Heating the shop at least uses the resource.

ToddJK

Methanol is better than hydrogen and can be easily used in mechanical injection diesels as a bi fuel. Methane is best but methanol (natural gas alcohol) is easily stored.
A lot of race cars run on methanol, the oil I get from the race track has a lot of methanol in it. The deuce runs very good on it
If in the course of maintenance it is possible to replace seals and wear items to more compatible uses then it makes sense to upgrade system uses for alternate fuels.

After many years of finding better ways to use wmo there still is allot of controversy over why to try and utilize wmo. And when fuel prices spike there is a new resurgence of engineering, fabricating systems that will do what has been tried and forgotten for decades. Then the fuel returns to an economical cost and all is put to the side and forgotten.

And as long as recycling wmo gets another use on a commercial market then I can live with collection centers being used for everyday recycling.

Having 500 gallons on hand I have found uses for wmo but not using in my road trucks. Heating the shop at least uses the resource.
You're exactly right. Comes down to time and money for most people. Most shops used to get paid to recycle the wmo and now from what I've been told by numerous people who own garages or shops, they now have to pay to have it collected. Not sure if it's due to the cost of recycling wmo to reuse on the commercial market , lack of recyclers in the area, or the lack of demand for such product, but in times like now with fuel prices being at an all time high and hard to get in some areas, people are looking for a variety of methods and fuels to run their equipment. Not long ago, people couldn't give wmo away, now people are starting to hoard it and in some cases, pay for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks