• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Harmonic Damper

Tailwheel

Well, thoughts? I just got home and pulled the rear main cap. It was clean with no metal/dirt but I’m not the best at assessing bearing condition. The engine has obviously had fresh oil it’s whole life, no crud or buildup of any kind.

I consulted two knowledgeable professionals mechanic friends:

Friend 1: The affected area is around 20%, if there’s not metal or dirt your probably good

Friend 2: Time for an overhaul, the engine is a ticking time bomb

Ugh. It’s not been a good day.

Also, when I slid the upper portion of the new Fel-Pro main seal into place it shaved off a small sliver off the O.D. of the seal... do I need to buy a new seal? It was a tight fit but it did go in without too much force.

31681882-9B09-4F6F-A2C5-70E9EC181E15.jpeg9F4BC3E8-4986-4A0C-B3BD-BEE0759613E5.jpegF39F5B80-247B-4465-A0E8-22FAC1C040DB.jpegC0A51046-FD2A-4CCC-8CE9-857DEE63AEA1.jpeg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks