• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone here replaced their fuel tank? Lessons learned?

dohabandit

I have a new fuel tank, but my drive shaft has the round metal disc in the way.
The disk however is not used for the parking brake (looks like the upgrade mod was performed), it is just still in between the driveshaft and the diff.

I am thinking I can just remove the disc, cut it down and put it back, then the new fuel tank should fit.

Looks like there is a large rectangular opening on the top side of the tank. Did anyone that swapped out their old tank have any issues with removing/re-installing the cover over that portion of the tank?

Any lessons learned you can share?

ohiohmmwv

I did it on a 1995 Hummer a few years back. Hardest part was getting at the hose clamp to get the filler tube off. I used a really long screw driver. It was tough getting back on too. Soaking the rubber large hose fitting in hot water loosened it up nice though. The rest was pretty easy. Drained tank. Removed drive shaft, removed brackets, dropped tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dohabandit

Wow, that is a great video. Thanks!

Looks like it is a lot easier if you have a pit in your garage to work from. (that would be nice!)

Last edited:

Action

Unlike in the video, first remove the black plastic piece that the filler bolts to. Remove the 3 bolts holding the neck up, then remove the plastic from the fender. That will give enough room to turn the nech to pull the rubber hose loose at the tank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks