• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone painted their m101 cover? (with Behr or something else)

hplacess

hi.

I have 2 m101a2s that I got this year. Both came tan (pic shown), and have tan tarps that were like new (I got lucky).

20170419_080722.jpg

I painted one of them tan again using Behr (based on the excellent advice about Behr on this forum), and with the tan cover that it came with it is good to go.

The other trailer I am thinking of painting nato green using Behr (since the tan one came out great with Behr and is holding up well). I am wondering what I can do to change the color of the tan cover to the same nato green color.

I know I could buy a green cover, or nato camo cover, but I want to use the one I have since it is like new.

I know I could just use the tan cover with the nato green m101a2 trailer, but I would like it to match (if possible).

So, has anyone painted their m101 trailer cover (with Behr or some other paint), and if yes, how did it turn out and stand up over time.

thanks in advance

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haven't used the Behr on a trailer cover, but I have put Cool-Seal on a vinyl 16 x 16 frame tent where it was getting a bit thin. Done about 18 months ago and it seems to be holding up. The Cool-Seal is an elastometric and has more flex. Area painted is just below the capital "C" in this Google Earth image.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks