• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has Anyone Swapped Out Gauges For AutoMeter

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have swapped out all my gauges, not with auto meter, not sure if Autometer has a 0-30GM fuel gauge or a 24V voltmeter, of course you will probably have to change to matching sending units for oil pressure and water temp, and run them on 12V unless they offer 24V gauges which would not surprise me.
You will also need to mod the mounting brackets as the HMMWV dash is around 1/2" thick or maybe a little thicker.
I went with imported stepper motor gauges and love tham as most of what I have used is programmable for the type of sensor.

Agelai

Get some
Ahhh... I see.
So probably the most important part is the sending unit, then the gauge to get away from the stock gauges.

springer1981

Ahhh... I see.
So probably the most important part is the sending unit, then the gauge to get away from the stock gauges.
Just curious why you want to move away from the stock gauges? Is it a looks thing? Are they bad?

NOS stock gauges are pretty inexpensive and some are updated.

Here's mines ... just stock but replaced with new and work perfectly.

Played with the back lighting a little too

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks