• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hauling within Missouri

ruckus

Anybody out there that could give me an idea of trucking a M923 from Jefferson city (65101) To Joplin (64804) I'd greatly appreciate it!
Haven't won anything "yet" so timeframe may be an issue.

I don't need an exact quote, since I really can't provide anything more than what and where I'm looking to have hauled, so really a ballpark quote would work (within $200)

Thanks for your time!

Jason

91W350

Lots of good members in Missouri. Most of the trucks there seem to be solid. If Mike is still the GL rep, give him a call and talk to him about the truck. I would check it over real good and drive it home. These are great trucks. Glen

ruckus

Thanks Glen, The trucks Do look solid, and from what I can gather Mike is still the GL rep there and comes highly recommended. Driving it back would be a gamble as it's over a 4 hour drive( in a car NOT a 5 ton truck!) But assuming I got a solid truck it shouldn't be to big of a deal.
Have you ever bought anything from Jeff City? If so I'd love to hear the details!

Bearboley
$3.50/ mile, that sound a little higher than I was planning on, but not out of the realm of possibility.
I'm assuming that's just a guess for shipping costs and not an actual quote?

Thanks for the help fellas, keep it coming!

Jason

ruckus

Thanks guys! You're making me feel a lot better about my imminent recovery!:mrgreen:

Flying Van, will definitely give you a heads up when the time comes, Appreciate the offer!

Thanks again!

Jason

bearboley

Its not a quote, but not a guess either its what I do. I bet when the time comes you will hear 4.00 will be the norm for a stepdeck bit more for a rgn and around 80hr for a landoll. There is cheaper but you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

91W350

Its not a quote, but not a guess either its what I do. I bet when the time comes you will hear 4.00 will be the norm for a stepdeck bit more for a rgn and around 80hr for a landoll. There is cheaper but you get what you pay for.
We usually charge 3.50 a loaded mile plus a hook up or loading fee.

The odds of catching one of our trucks nearby when needed are pretty slim. Lots of opportunities home from Dallas, pueblo, Denver...

Tascabe

Picked up both my M35A2s there - MIke was there and worked with us as we played musical vehicles to get eveything in order.

Drove both home to St Louis with no issues.

DieselBob

I got my deuce from there back in 09. Mike was great to work with at the site. If you do haul your truck they had loading ramps for both stepdeck and highfly. I had a hauler from Mo haul mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks