• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Having issues with headgaskits on my m52a2 has multifuel lds 465 -a1 motor

Donwan1985

Having head gaskit issues just changed my headgaskits did it by the book tork sequence and specs cleaned and checked everything looked good used the old style head gaskit because it's all I could get at the time I got it all together runs good took it for a test run come back oil a d coolant is coming frome the head gaskit right by the area the heads meet in the middle of the block Idk if I did something wrong or overlooked something any type of help or advice would be helpful any thing I'm overlooking just got the truck had a blown head gaskit fixed it the other older gaskit blew fixed it then it has blown again any thing I need too check that might bee a factor in this issue

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Having head gaskit issues just changed my headgaskits did it by the book tork sequence and specs cleaned and checked everything looked good used the old style head gaskit because it's all I could get at the time I got it all together runs good took it for a test run come back oil a d coolant is coming frome the head gaskit right by the area the heads meet in the middle of the block Idk if I did something wrong or overlooked something any type of help or advice would be helpful any thing I'm overlooking just got the truck had a blown head gaskit fixed it the other older gaskit blew fixed it then it has blown again any thing I need too check that might bee a factor in this issue
Any chance that maybe you could go back and re-torque the bolts again? Maybe when it got warm something wiggled its way loose? Did you check the heads and the block to see that they were nice and flat using a steel ruler? It isn't like having the block or heads "surfaced" but at least you can look for irregularities... Another possibility is that something small got dropped between the first and second head as you were dropping it in place?

Wish I had more to offer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks