• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Having trouble seating your rear drive axle shaft? This hint I found helped me...

HDN

This is the first time I've performed drive hub maintenance on anything bigger than a Chrysler 200, so it's been a fun learning experience! On my second hub I got unlucky struggling to get the axle shaft seated in the differential (I got it on the first hub I did but had no clue how :p ). I didn't see anything about it come up on Steel Soldiers, so I consulted Google and found this YouTube video:

It's all in the last thirty seconds of the video, but to summarize:

1) Push axle shaft into the spindle until it stops

2) Push down on the axle flange toward the ground and push at the same time - it should go right in where it belongs

Hope this helps other first-timers at truck hub maintenance!

pitpawten

Just did all of mine and used the same, though I just kind of knew intuitively that the axle tube was bigger than the opening into the diff and tried the push down method.

Glad it worked, good to have it on here for reference 👍

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks