• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hazard Lights

JRBAMATEX

I hope I don't ever need them (Probably will now that I brought it up) but I was thinking that some hazard lights might be handy to have on my truck. You know, just in case. I guess I could make up a set of lights on a bracket that hangs on the tailgate or something but actual hazard lights with a switch in the cab would be great.

what do y'all think? Maybe tap into the signal lights somehow?

Prerunner1982

have you tried pulling the signal level outward and rotating it as far up as you can? this is the hazard light position... try it before you start rewiring..

ida34

Pull out on the small part of the signal lever that is ribbed. It locks the lever to keep it from going to hazard instead of right turn in normal use.

JRBAMATEX

See I knew that you guys would have a simple answer for me. Much obliged. Give me just a bit and I'll come up with another one for you to skin.

Thanks guys,
JR

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok guys, my turn signal DOES DO left (down), right (up) and hazard (all the way up).

But there does NOT appear to be some type of stop between the right turn and hazards. Granted it's a LONG WAY UP for hazards, but I don't have to lift up or anything.

Is this normal or is this yet one more thing to put on the 'I gotta fix it' list?

thx jim

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenneth,
Does that means it's broken or has just 'fallen off'? If broken off, I have to replace the switch as a unit? Or can I 'rebuild' it? That's what I LOVE about these trucks. You can just about rebuild every item on the truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be either Jim. The turn signal switches show up on Ebay all the time new for around $35. There are at least 3 or 4 interchangeable designs out there. That little piece is just there to keep you from accidentally putting on the 4 ways when turning right. It would be low on the list of fixes here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks