• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Head Gasket Replacement/General Engine Building Questions

CivilEGR

I decided to dive into my replacement engine and give it new head gaskets while I'm checking things out. I got to the point where I removed the heads, but a little "debris" from the old gasket flaked into the cylinders, the coolant ports, and the top open area that I assume goes to the oil pan eventually.

My question is, how "spotless" clean should my cylinders be? Will some of this small dried up gasket debris just burn up and get blown out after the first start up?

richingalveston

that debris will end up in the radiator. If it is just dust dont worry about it but if you can get a vacuum and suck as much out as possible. same with the cylinders. they are easy to clean out. The water jacket is not as easy to get a suction tube down inside.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks