• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heading to the East Coast

Crazyls2

So an after action report.

-217 gallons of diesel
-3 nights in hotels
-4 days on the road.
-1,123 miles traveled
-$320.00 in roadside mechanics fees
-$60.00 oil line
-5 gallons of engine oil
-3 vehicles almost ran over
-1 failed fan clutch solenoid, that I unplugged so I had the fan on the whole trip. That did not do my ears any favors
-Several boys waving and giving thumbs up 👍
-Arrived in Charleston around 3PM today (Friday)

I got lucky because it had been exceptionally hot for the past couple of weeks. A cold front passed through and I rode it all the way through.

These trucks are painfully loud. I had noise canceling headphones and hearing protection. It helped but I might be deaf for a week.

I figured out somewhere about half way home if I push in the knob and turn it one quarter of a turn the air ride on the cab works. Wish I knew that in the face 550 miles lol.

Seriously a big thank you to those that chimed in along the way and to those that offered to help. I look forward to being able to do the same for someone else later on.

The cab also has a water feature, they probably charged extra for that.

Attachments