• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEADLIGHT QUESTION

TOBEXA

ok so my RT headlight goes out, so i go to kragen and buy a set of sylvania H6054. i change the RT headlight first and it is very dim. so i try the brights and i gets even dimmer. so i tried switching the bulb that i thought was out......and guess what? it works.........also the left running light is out and the bulb is not blown...........any suggestions?

TOBEXA

fixed it..... but how about the green turn arrow by the steering column. sometimers they are on, sometimes just one, and sometimes very dim?

dilvoy

Usually when the green inside turn signal indicator is lit when the headlights are turned on, It's a problem with the front turn signal bulb socket on the same side as the green turn singal indicator. It is a problem with the ground wire on the bulb socket and the ground path seems to go light the inside indicator when this is the problem. Just change the socket from one that's available at most parts stores. Sometimes the colors on the wires are not the same, but the ground is obvious by it's placement on the socket. If this is the problem, the low low element of the turnsignal bulb in question should be not lit when the inside bulb is lit, when the headlamps are lit, but no turn signals are selected.

Bozor1000

I had a dim headlight on my 84 civvy and it was the ground at the headlight that was causing the problem. It is usually bolted to the core support.

m35a2cowner

Ground

As someone said before its most likely a ground problem. Try running a jumper wire from the engine (very best connection to battery ground) to the lights that are not working. If that fixes it look for the ground straps mentioned before. Can't find them considering installing one to the light or fender. If I remember correctly the core support is movable to a degree. This might cause a poor grounding condition. Maybe a ground wire to it might be a good idea as well. Hope something here is useful.

m35a2cowner

socket

I have had good luck with things like this at NAPA. I think for a turn signal there are only basic types one with a stagger/offset (for the two little pegs sticking out of the bulb) and one where the groves in the socket are straight across from one another. A ground wire can either be something you buy (Wire with eyelets at each end) or a piece of wire (ends stripped) under a bolt with a star washer with a dab of grease to to prevent corrosion. Running a ground wire directly to the motor or battery lessens the chance of another poor ground affecting your repair. good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks