• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heavy Duty Receiver Hitch Measurements?

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to put a receiver hitch on my Humvee. I have found a couple on the auction site and the big "A" that look decent. I wondered if any of you that has one of these could take a measurement for me? I am curious what the dimension is from the floor to the inside bottom of the receiver. I would like whatever I buy to be the same or close to my regular truck so I don't have to adjust the trailer between vehicles. My 5 ton is the same height as my truck. I will fab one of my own up if this one is not close.

This is the one on the big "A".
Receiver Hitch.png

My regular truck is around 20 3/4.
Hitch Height.jpg

What is this dim?
Dim.png

Last edited:

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This must not be a very popular option if none of you have one of these. I thought you guys had all the answers on here!

I will do some looking to see what others are doing for hitches then.

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are quite a few out there. I made my own, welding a HF under bumper receiver to the bottom of my pintle. I'm assuming the lack of response means that most folks hope for somewhere in a range and call it good.

Action

Does it matter how high the square hole is? You just buy the correct piece that adjust the ball height and stick it in the hole. Or, am I missing something?

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was trying to keep from buying yet another hitch or multiple hitches since I need a ball and a pintle. I would like to use what I already have.

I think I am just going to order the receiver that I posted above. Thanks for everyone's help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks