• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from across the pond, buying a HMMWV (hopefully)

geoffreym

Howdy, my name is Geoff from the UK and am really interested in coming over to the US for a road trip either late next year, or early 2019.
Now I'm big time against renting vehicles and have always loved the idea of having a humvee, but they're £30,000 ($40,000) for a not very good one over here.
So I was thinking why not do the road trip in a Humvee that I'd bought and ship it back to england before heading back home.
I joined this forum with the intention of learning as much as I can and keep everything above board, so any advice would be thoroughly appreciated.
I have quite a bit of experience with Land rovers, Saracen APC's and Ferret scout cars (as well as quite a few other british military vehicles) so if anyone needs any advice I'd be happy to help.
Thanks
Geoff

Guyfang

Staff member
Welcome Geoff,

Keep an eye out in the forums, and you will see something to jump in on. More heads are better then some!! Take care, and will see, or hear from you later.

NormB

Welcome.

DO check the for sale boards here, on g503.com and I think there're some other places. Some really good deals can be had from time to time.

Enjoy.

TrailLifeBill

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like quite an adventure!! You should post your proposed route, and maybe members could suggest local points of interest for you. You definitely must journal your journey (with plenty of pics, of course) when it happens.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks