• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from AK!

AKPacker

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all,
I'm a longtime lurker on this forum and I finally pulled the trigger on my first MV, a 2008 M1079A1R. The truck is located in Illinois and I plan to drive it home to Alaska this summer after doing some maintenance and a few mods. Looking forward to being an active part of this awesome community!

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi all,
I'm a longtime lurker on this forum and I finally pulled the trigger on my first MV, a 2008 M1079A1R. The truck is located in Illinois and I plan to drive it home to Alaska this summer after doing some maintenance and a few mods. Looking forward to being an active part of this awesome community!
Welcome to the Outfit!

Looking forward to you being here and posting pics of the mods you plan to do. You might consider changing the fluids in your gearboxes before you get on the road. And, considering that you are going to drive your M1079 to Alaska, you might should consider changing the oil and filters before you get on the road. Might also consider buying an extra pair or two of fuel filters as well - just in case.

It might be worth having a tablet so you can download all the TM's (Technical Manuals) for your rig as well. Those books will help if you get stuck on the side of the road.

And, when you get a little closer to the trip, maybe map out your driving path - so that somebody can offer a hand - if you need it.

Again, welcome to the group and Congratulations as well!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks